Rampage to Host Military Appreciation Night this SaturdayFebruary 22, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
The Rampage are offering a 40 percent discount to all Military members on tickets purchased at the box office with a valid military ID for the Feb. 26 game.
Military vehicles will be on display for fans to tour prior to the game. Throughout the game, the Rampage will honor fallen heroes and current military service members. The Air Force Drum & Bugle Corp will perform the national anthem and Brothers of the Fallen Hero will serve as the color guard. During the second intermission, a military swear-in will be held for the brave men and women who will take oath and dedicate their lives to serve our country.
The team will wear military-themed jerseys that will be auctioned off following the game at Express-News Headlines with proceeds benefiting Operation Comfort and the Rampage Sled Hockey Team. Last year, the Rampage raised $28,000 to benefit San Antonio's military community and have raised more than $130,000 over the past seven years.
Members of the Rampage sled hockey team will be recognized during a special pre-game ceremony. The Rampage sled hockey team is the only sled team in the world that is comprised of soldiers who have been injured while serving our country and are receiving therapy and rehabilitation at Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) and the Center for the Intrepid. The sled hockey team is a joint effort between the Rampage (AHL) and Operation Comfort. The team is led by Lonnie Hannah, a two-time Paralympian who was named USA Hockey's Disabled Athlete of the Year in 2009. This year's team also features two USA National Sled Hockey Team members, Rico Roman and Jen Yung Lee. Roman and Lee are the first wounded warriors to be selected to the National Team.
Tickets can be purchased at the AT&T Center box office, by calling a Rampage representative at (210) 444-5554, or by visiting the team's Web site at www.sarampage.com. The game will also be televised on Fox Sports Southwest.
American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2011
- Aeros Fall to Admirals' Late Surge - Houston Aeros
- Blues Activate and Assign Dave Scatchard to Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Syracuse Uses Shootout to Slip by Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Battle Back for 4-3 Shootout Win Over Charlotte - Syracuse Crunch
- Kaunisto nets two; Jones stops all 16 shots for fourth shutout - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Release Derlago - Texas Stars
- Harvest-Properties.com Whalers Hockey Fest 2011 a Memorable Event - Connecticut Whale
- Stars Shine on in Defense of Conference Crown - Texas Stars
- Wolves Present Third Annual NIHL Wolves Cup Tournament - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Surging Griffins Face Crucial Showdowns with Monsters, Bulldogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pirates Weekly - February 21 - Portland Pirates
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Defenseman Rob Kwiet to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Weekly Notes - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Shine On In Defense Of Conference Crown - AHL
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- McCollum to Toledo, Spratt Signed - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Continue Eight Game Homestand on Wednesday Against the Hershey Bears - Toronto Marlies
- Rampage to Host Military Appreciation Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Heat Hot Sheet - Bruins on the Horizon - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Season Ticket Prices Unchanged for 2011-12 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Recall Turris and Schlemko - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Re-Assign Yann Sauve to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Recall Forward Yannick Tifu from Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Blues Recall Tyson Strachan from Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Dekanich, Blum Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Present Third Annual NIHL Wolves Cup - Chicago Wolves
- Playoff Push Continues - Falcons Host Monarchs Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Bears Sign Orlov to Pro Tryout Contract - Hershey Bears
- Devils In Saturday Night As February Draws To A Close - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.