Condors Fall to Wranglers, 5-3January 21, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Bakersfield Condors
The Wranglers took a 1-0 lead with a 5-on-3 goal. LW Blair Riley got open in the slot and blasted a one-timer past G Brian Stewart. The Condors had a chance to knot the game up with a penalty shot, but C Joel Broda was denied on the attempt by G Joe Fallon. The Wranglers added a second opening period marker with just 47 seconds left on the clock, to go up 2-0 after one period of play.
F Michael Gergen sliced the Wranglers lead in half when he finished off an odd man rush by one-timing a pass into the top corner. D J.F. David tied the game on the power play at 9:36 by whipping a backhander past Fallon and evening the score at two. The Wranglers struck for two goals before the end of the period, the first coming from F Greg Collins just 1:22 after the Condors tied the game. F Blake Gallagher finished off the scoring in the period on a breakaway, as the Wranglers lead 4-2 after two.
Gergen brought the Condors back to within one with just under 12 minutes left in the game. Gergen snapped home a shot from the slot for his second of the game. The Wranglers added an empty netter from C Chris Higgins with 1:01 left in the game, as the Condors fell 5-3.
G Josh Tordman returned from his stint in the AHL, and made 17 saves in a relief effort for the Condors... The Condors were awarded their first penalty shot of the season when Joel Broda had a chance in the first period. Tonight was the first meeting between the Condors and Wranglers since Nov. 19, a 7-1 victory for Bakersfield at Rabobank Arean... G Peter Hirsch was released today... Power plays: BAK: 1/3, LV: 1/5... Three Stars: 1. B. Riley (LV); 2. M. Gergen (BAK); 3. B. Gallagher (LV).
The Condors head to Vegas for three-in-three this weekend. They return home to host the ECHL All-Star Classic on Wednesday, Jan. 26, when they take on a team of ECHL All-Stars.
Tickets for the 2011 ECHL All-Star Classic are on sale now. Entourage star Kevin Connolly and World Series pitcher Colby Lewis will both be in the house. During pregame and the first intermission, there will be a skills competition as well. Also, the first 2,000 kids, age 12 and under, will receive All-Star Classic Ceral Bowls! Mini plans are available as well; visit www.echlallstarclassic.com for further details on the event. Call the Condors office at 324-PUCK (7825) or go online to www.bakersfieldcondors.com for more information.
The Fan Fest, presented by Bank of the Sierra, takes place Tuesday, Jan. 25 from 6 - 9 p.m. at the Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center, located at 801 Truxtun Ave. This event is SOLD OUT!
The Hall of Fame Luncheon, presented by the Bakersfield Convention and Visitor's Bureau and BFL Canada, features keynote speaker Dave Poulin, who is a former NHL All-Star and the Vice President of Hockey Operations for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and inducts the fourth class of players, officials and builders into the ECHL Hall of Fame. Tickets are $40 for an individual, and $250 for a table of seven, and every table will be joined by an All-Star participant. The HOF Luncheon is from Noon - 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 26. This event is expected to sell out, only a few tables remain at press time. Call (661) 324-PUCK (7825) for tickets.
Individual Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena Box Office. Box Office hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, with extended hours on game and event days. You can also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit them online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket packages start at just $31.
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2011
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Fall to Wranglers, 5-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Jackals Sunk Late by Walleye, 4-3 - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Slip Down the Stretch in Shootout Loss, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Top Grizzlies, 2-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Shorthanded Grizzlies Fall 2-1 in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Blades Overcome Third Period Deficit to Pull off 4-3 Shootout Win Over Reading - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Cool Devils; Extend Lead in Division - Wheeling Nailers
- Kalamazoo's Special Teams Difference in 4-2 Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Fly Past Cyclones, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Sink Road Warriors 5-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Stung by 'Rays - Greenville Road Warriors
- Walleye Beat Elmira 4-3 on Friday Night - Toledo Walleye
- "Entourage" Star Kevin Connolly to Appear at ECHL All-Star Classic - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Auctioning off "Think Pink and See Elston" at the Rink Package - Victoria Salmon Kings
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Announce Pregame Transactions - Elmira Jackals
- This Sunday's Reign Game Is Red Cross Jersey Night - Ontario Reign
- Graham Reassigned to Blades from Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Jordan Pearce Headed to Motown - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Today - January 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL All-Star Classic on TV and Radio in Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Hamilton Recalls Urquhart and Masse - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: Cincinnati Vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Gameday: Battle of the Palmetto State Continues Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Celebrate Pink in the Rink with the Road Warriors - Greenville Road Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.