Bruins Assign Bartkowski to ProvidenceJanuary 16, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Providence Bruins
Bartkowski, 22, has appeared in two games for Boston this season, both against Pittsburgh over separate recalls. The blue-liner was recalled for the first time on Jan. 9 and made his NHL debut the following night in his hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Bartkowski returned to Providence on Jan. 11, before being recalled again on Jan. 14.
The rookie returns to Providence, where he has skated in 34 games this year, registering four goals and eight assists for 12 points to rank third among team defensemen in scoring.
Prior to turning pro, Bartkowski enjoyed two years at Ohio State University, where he scored 38 points (11g, 27a) in 80 games. As a sophomore, he was an All-CCHA Honorable Mention, OSU Scholar Athlete and Academic All Big Ten choice before signing with the Bruins on Apr. 29, 2010.
Bartkowski was acquired by Boston on Mar. 3, 2010 in a trade with Florida along with Dennis Seidenberg for former P-Bruins Byron Bitz, Craig Wellerand a 2010 second round draft pick. Bartkowski was selected by the Panthers 190th overall in round seven of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
The P-Bruins' roster is now comprised of 25 players, including 15 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders.
The P-Bruins are next in action on Tuesday as they play their fourth game in five days, traveling to take on Bridgeport at 7 p.m. in Connecticut. Providence returns to Rhode Island on Friday for Dunkin' Donuts Mug Night at 7:05 p.m. against Manchester. Mugs are free to the first 3,000 fans. To purchase tickets or for more information, call the P-Bruins ticket office at 401-273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com.
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2011
- Whale Tops AHL's Best 6-3 - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens Edge Bears 2-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Second-Period Charge Leads Admirals Over Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Ground Aeros, 3-2 in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Scared Away by Monsters in 6-4 Loss; Drop Fourth Straight - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Take Over Second Place with 4-2 Victory at Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Senators Slide Past Bears 2-1 Sunday - Hershey Bears
- Aeros Take Sole Possession of Third Place with Shootout Point - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Drop 5-2 Decision to Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Bruins Assign Bartkowski to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Halt Rampage, 5-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Iced by Adirondack, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Offense Lights it Up with Season-High 5 Goals - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Fire 45 Shots in 2-0 Loss in Providence - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Sink Sharks 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Halsichuk, Thuresson Switch Spots - Milwaukee Admirals
- Heat Fall in Shootout 3-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Lose to Pirates 4-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Out-Distance Falcons - Portland Pirates
- Coyotes Recall Maclean from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Blues Return Ian Cole to Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Netminder Pasquale Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Preview: Aeros, Griffins Collide at 4 P.M. - Houston Aeros
- B-Sens Sign Forward Andrew Sweetland - Binghamton Senators
- Game Night: Amerks, Monsters Square off Again Tonight at Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Senators Recall Goaltender Mike Brodeur from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.