Wolves Ring In New Year With 3-2 Win In ManitobaJanuary 1, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
Defenseman Paul Postma (2G, A) and center Andre Deveaux potted goals for Chicago.
Manitoba (18-11-0-4) got on board first, 7:11 into the first period with a power-play strike when left wing Bill Sweatt ripped a shot from the right faceoff circle past Chicago netminder Drew MacIntyre, glove side.
MacIntyre (3-3-0) kicked out 14 shots in his third straight win.
Chicago (20-16-2-1) tied the score at one when Nigel Dawes fed a pass to Postma in the slot and he snapped a shot through traffic past Manitoba netminder Eddie Lack, 10:52 into the second period.
Deveaux gave the Wolves a 2-1 lead, 1:52 into the third period when he found the rebounded puck in the paint and flicked it past Lack.
Chicago brought the score to 3-1 just over two minutes after when Postma picked up his own rebound in the slot and fired it past Lack.
Lack (13-7-2) recorded 26 saves for Manitoba.
Manitoba pulled within one, 3-2, when right wing Sergei Shirokov's shot from the left faceoff circle deflected off a skate and into the net 15:32 into the last frame, but the Wolves held off the comeback.
The Wolves return to the Allstate Arena to start a seven-game homestand against the Toronto Marlies on Wed., Jan. 5 at 7 p.m.
American Hockey League Stories from January 1, 2011
- Monsters Bounce Back with Shutout Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- Aeros Rally in Final Minute, Beat Rampage 4-3 - Houston Aeros
- Last Minute Rally Puts Aeros over Rampage 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Islanders Acquire Defenseman Ty Wishart - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Drops New Year's Day Clash with Chicago 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Former Amerk Spoils New Year's Celebration in Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Lightning Acquire G Dwayne Roloson From Islanders - Norfolk Admirals
- New Year, Same Result Against Rivermen - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Start 2011 With Impressive Win - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Ring In New Year With 3-2 Win In Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- Paetsch Paces Crunch to 4-1 Win Over Rochester - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Drop New Year's Ball - Manchester Monarchs
- Bulldogs Shut out by Monsters 3-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Allen Opens 2011 With Fifth Shutout - Peoria Rivermen
- Greg Moore Game-Winner Extends Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Penguins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brust the Difference as Senators Blank Checkers, 3-0 - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Downs Devils in Adirondack - Albany Devils
- Aeros Sign Jed Ortmeyer - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Fall to Whale 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Game Night: Amerks, Crunch Ring in the New Year Tonight at Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Reassigns Defenseman John de Gray from Elmira to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Brett Festerling to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Host the Monarchs Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Omark Assigned to Oklahoma City; Belle Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Notes for December 28 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Preview: Aeros, Rampage Kick off 2011 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.