Mavs Win Third Straight, 4-1, Over TexasDecember 3, 2010 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
"It was a total team effort tonight," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "Everyone played well; it was just a great job by the entire team."
The Brahmas tallied their only goal of the game at the 11:40 mark of the first period on a goal by Matt Pierce. He was assisted by Jason Krischuk and Jason Deitsch, but it proved to be the only puck to get past Mavericks' goaltender Rob Nolan (16 saves, 17 shots). Missouri outshot the Brahmas as they did in every period, but found themselves down one goal going into the intermission.
Sirota quickly tied the game for the Mavericks when he scored his team-leading sixth goal of the season at the 3:38 mark of the second period. Mike Wakita and Ryan Jardine added the assists on the tying goal, but the Mavericks were not finished in the second period. Bill Vandermeer scored his first goal of the season to give Missouri the lead at the 15:25 mark. Vandermeer's goal came in just his third game back from an off-season injury that sidelined him more than a month to start this season. His goal also proved to be the game-winning goal.
The Mavericks added to their lead in the third period on goals from Dominic D'Amour and Ray DiLauro. D'Amour tied Sirota for the team lead with his sixth goal of the season and it was D'Amour's fifth goal while on the power play. DiLauro ended the scoring at the 9:02 mark on an assist from Derek Pallardy.
Missouri outshot Texas 25-17 overall and Rob Nolan won his fifth game of the season by stopping 16 of 17 shots. The Mavericks finished 1-6 on the power play and killed both of Texas' opportunities.
The Missouri Mavericks travel to Tulsa to face the Oilers Saturday night before returning home on December 10 when they face off against the Quad City Mallards at 7:05pm at Independence Events Center. Tickets for all remaining regular season home games are on sale now starting at just $14 per game. Mini-plans, season tickets and group tickets are also available by calling (816) 252-7825 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
Central Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2010
- Mallards Outlast Rapid City in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Lose Lead, Come from Behind to Top Killer Bees, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Whelan's Hat Trick Continues 'Bugs Struggles with Alle - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Whelan, Americans Squash 'Bugs, 5-4 - Allen Americans
- Mavs Win Third Straight, 4-1, Over Texas - Missouri Mavericks
- Tulsa Edges RiverKings After 12-Round Shootout - Mississippi RiverKings
- Killer Bees Fall to Arizona 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Komets Cooled by Thunder 5-3 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Comeback Attempt Falls Just Short for Gems - Dayton Gems
- Penalty-Filled Period Sways Game in Eagles Loss - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Give up Four in Loss Against Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Jacks Shoot Down Bucks with Big Third Period, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Third Period Dooms Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- PrairieThunder Defeats Fort Wayne 5-3 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- RiverKings Sign Rookie Forward Auger - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans Make Roster Moves - Allen Americans
- Rush Battle Mallards in First Ever Meeting Tonight at the Civic Center - Rapid City Rush
- Colorado's Kyle Jones Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Fort Wayne Komets Welcome Bloomington Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Weekend Preview - Evansville - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Start Weekend Play in Tulsa Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Look to Continue Climb Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.