Komets Cooled by Thunder 5-3December 3, 2010 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Fort Wayne Komets
The Komets were two for seven with the man advantage while Bloomington scored four goals on five power play chances to make the difference.
Kaleigh Schrock extended his point-scoring streak to four games (5g, 1a) when he was the first to solve Bloomington's Marco Emond at 15:21 of the second period. Tab Lardner tallied his first career goal as a Komet in his first Fort Wayne game after joining the team this week and Keith Rodger notched his first goal of the season. Center Chris Francis posted an assist on Schrock's sixth goal of the year to reach a five-game point and assist-scoring streak (1g, 6a).
Brian Kaufmann earned first star honors scoring a pair for Bloomington including the game winner. Jamie Lovell, Jason Dale and Jon Booras each also contributed to the PrairieThunder win.
Kevin Reiter (1-4-1) posted the loss for the Komets stopping 18 of 23 shots. Emond (8-4-0) earned his eighth win of the season for Bloomington making 19 saves on 22 shots.
The Komets drop to 5-9-1 after 15 games while rival Bloomington improves to 9-6-1 in the CHL's Turner Conference.
The Komets hit the road for a match against the Gems at Dayton Saturday night at 7:30. Still plenty good seats available for Fort Wayne fans who want to make the short trip to Hara Arena. Fort Wayne fans can follow the Komets right here at www.komets.com Xfinity KometCast and on WOWO AM 1190.
The Komets will be on the road for the next two weeks before their next homegame Saturday, Dec. 18 against the Dayton Gems at 7:30pm. Tickets for Komet home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at Ticketmaster .
Central Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2010
- Mallards Outlast Rapid City in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Lose Lead, Come from Behind to Top Killer Bees, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Whelan's Hat Trick Continues 'Bugs Struggles with Alle - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Whelan, Americans Squash 'Bugs, 5-4 - Allen Americans
- Mavs Win Third Straight, 4-1, Over Texas - Missouri Mavericks
- Tulsa Edges RiverKings After 12-Round Shootout - Mississippi RiverKings
- Killer Bees Fall to Arizona 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Komets Cooled by Thunder 5-3 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Comeback Attempt Falls Just Short for Gems - Dayton Gems
- Penalty-Filled Period Sways Game in Eagles Loss - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Give up Four in Loss Against Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Jacks Shoot Down Bucks with Big Third Period, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Third Period Dooms Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- PrairieThunder Defeats Fort Wayne 5-3 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- RiverKings Sign Rookie Forward Auger - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans Make Roster Moves - Allen Americans
- Rush Battle Mallards in First Ever Meeting Tonight at the Civic Center - Rapid City Rush
- Colorado's Kyle Jones Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Fort Wayne Komets Welcome Bloomington Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Weekend Preview - Evansville - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Start Weekend Play in Tulsa Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Look to Continue Climb Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.