Florida Extends Kalamazoo's Losing Streak to Five GamesDecember 1, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) Kalamazoo Wings
Allowing the quickest goal of the season, Kalamazoo gave up the first tally of the night 20 seconds into the period, after a turnover setup a marker from Mathew Pistilli. The goal from Pistilli ties fellow Everblade forward Alexandre Imbeault for team and league lead with 13 goals.
Unsuccessful on their first two power-play chances of the night, the third time was the charm for Florida, as Mike McKenzie (6th) deflected a David Fisher blue-line slap shot late in the period.
Midway through the second period, a delayed penalty against Kalamazoo resulted in Florida having an extra attacker on the ice. Francis Lemieux (5th) was the lucky recipient of a Mitch Fadden pass which extended the Florida lead to three.
Two minutes later, it was the K-Wings turn to get on the board. It took a five-on-three power-play coupled with a lightening wrister from Trent Daavettila (7th) right below the left circle to finally get the K-Wings rolling. The goal was Daavettila's team-tying fourth power-play goal and it also extended his point streak to five games.
The momentum did not last long for Kalamazoo, as Lemieux (6th) buried his second of the game.
Leading the Everblades against the K-Wings with five points (1goal, 4 assists) in three games entering the contest, Lemieux capped off his four-point night by netting his first hat trick of the season and the third of his career on a wrister from the right circle.
Bryan Jurynec closed out the scoring for the K-Wings earning his first of the season on a rebound with just less than three minutes remaining in the game.
Despite the three-goal setback, the K-Wings outshot the 'Blades 51-27. The 51 shots are the most this season by Kalamazoo and the most allowed by Florida.
The K-Wings will begin a four-game road swing this Friday, December 3rd with a 7:35 p.m. encounter at the WesBanco Arena against the Wheeling Nailers.
Kalamazoo will return to Wings Stadium on Saturday, December 11th with a 7:30 face-off versus the Toledo Walleye on Grand Rapids Popcorn Night. The contest on December 11th coincides with the K-Wings' Saturday "Celebrity" Series, which will feature Kalamazoo's very own Debra Romer, who competed this season on NBC's hit series, "America's Got Talent". Saturday's game will also be a Win-Win Night presented by WNWN. If the K-Wings win, all fans in attendance will receive a FREE ticket to the K-Wings home game on December 15th.
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (95.9 FM WLKM & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Single game tickets for the 2010-2011 season are on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office, Ticketmaster Outlets, including www.ticketmaster.com, Ticket Office hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, please call Wings Stadium Ticket Office during regular business hours at (269) 345-5101.
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are on sale now and range in price from $9.90-$14.90 for adults and only $6.90 for kids ages 12 and under. The ticket prices for all K-Wings premium night games (all colored ice games and New Year's Eve game) are just $1 more.
Fans can save money by purchasing K-Wings single game tickets advance because on the day of a game, K-Wings tickets are $1 more.
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2010
- Blades Win Fourth Straight Behind Janus & Lemieux - Florida Everblades
- Ethan Cox Returned to Aces from AHL - Alaska Aces
- Florida Extends Kalamazoo's Losing Streak to Five Games - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cullen Eddy Loaned by Adirondack - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Nailers Announce New Class A Affiliation - Wheeling Nailers
- Reigning ECHL MVP Donati Returns to Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Receive Mahbod from Elmira - South Carolina Stingrays
- Meet the Jackals Tonight at Rita's Water Ice - Elmira Jackals
- Trenton Adds Chase Watson - Trenton Devils
- Galivan Re-Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Chicago - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Salmon Kings Bring Flurry of Ticket Offers - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Victoria Salmon Kings - Stockton Thunder
- Edmonton Reassigns Goaltender Bryan Pitton - Stockton Thunder
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville's Connolly Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer Of The Month - ECHL
- Royals Sign Forward Vladimir Nikiforov - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Release Pair of Forwards - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades D-Man Lawson Reassigned from AHL - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Today - December 1 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.