Eckstein Joins TinCapsAugust 18, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) - Fort Wayne TinCaps Press Release
Eckstein, 35, had been traveling with the Padres on a Midwest swing through Chicago and Milwaukee. He is penciled into Wednesday's lineup batting second and playing second base for the TinCaps.
Eckstein was hitting .279 with 20 doubles and 31 runs scored in 78 games before sustaining the injury on July 7. He has not committed a fielding error in 322 total chances at second base.
He owns two World Series rings. In 2002, his second major-league season, Eckstein was part of the Los Angeles Angels' team which beat the San Francisco Giants in the Fall Classic. He was the World Series MVP in 2006 as his St. Louis Cardinals topped the Detroit Tigers.
The TinCaps return home on Saturday to open a seven-game homestand. Saturday's game against the Lansing Lugnuts (Class-A Toronto Blue Jays) begins at 7:05 p.m. at Parkview Field.
Midwest League Stories from August 18, 2010
- Kernels Shutout Cougars 1-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Lugnuts Score 10 Straight, Double Up Hawks - Lansing Lugnuts
- Beloit Bombards Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Open Series With 5-2 Victory - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Rally Past Bees in Seventh - Burlington Bees
- Bandits Unleash Bats in 9-2 Series Opening Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lollis Stifles 'Caps, Halts Winning Streak at Twelve - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cougars' Skid Hits Six - Kane County Cougars
- Gaudi Strong in Loons Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Lollis Powers TinCaps to 5-1 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Silver Hawks Drop Opener at Lansing - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Cedeno Powers Hot Rods To 4-0 Win Over Great Lakes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Shunick Pitches Dragons to 4-2 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Eckstein Joins TinCaps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gilliam Returns - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for Wednesday, August 18 - Dayton Dragons
- Davidson Promoted; Two In-State Draftees Added - South Bend Silver Hawks
- August 21-24 Preview: Cougars Chase Playoff Berth - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.