Phegley and Shelton Return to DashJuly 29, 2010 - Carolina League (CarL) - Winston-Salem Dash
Phegley had been on the D.L. since July 7 with a medical condition. The former supplemental first round draft pick has sat out all but 11 games this season, hitting .238 with two doubles, two RBI, and six runs scored. He was originally placed on the D.L. one week into the season until he was activated in late-June. After playing five games, he was put back on the disabled list.
Shelton spent less than a week on the Knights roster and did not appear in any games. He has played 51 games for the Dash this season, hitting .270 with two home runs and 20 runs batted in.
Ricks was assigned to Winston-Salem from Charlotte on July 7 and has played one game for the Dash this season. He went 1 for 3 with two RBI on July 11 against Lynchburg.
Wickswat returns to the Intimidators after he received a promotion to Winston-Salem on Saturday. The left-handed reliever pitched in two games for the Dash, allowing six runs (four earned) on seven hits in two innings.
The Dash's roster remains at the Carolina League limit of 25 players.
Winston begins a three-game road trip in Myrtle Beach tonight at 7:05.
Carolina League Stories from July 29, 2010
- Red Sox Snare Action-Packed 9-8 Victory - Salem Red Sox
- Hillcats Lose Late Lead Again in Series Opener - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Smith Out-Dueled in Wilmington Debut - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Kinston Blanks Blue Rocks 2-0 - Kinston Indians
- Dash Game Rained Out - Winston-Salem Dash
- Potomac and Frederick Postponed - Potomac Nationals
- Inclement Weather Postpones Opener - Frederick Keys
- Dash-Pelicans Start Delayed - Winston-Salem Dash
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- K-Tribe Homestand Starts Monday - Kinston Indians
- Phegley and Shelton Return to Dash - Winston-Salem Dash
- Kinston at Wilmington Thursday Notes - Kinston Indians
- RHP A.J. Morris Placed on DL - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.