Bats Support Hodges, Staff as Jammers Reclaim First PlaceJuly 21, 2010 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Jamestown Jammers
The Crosscutters lost to Batavia, 4-3, in 11 innings.
Ryan Fisher started the scoring in the bottom of the first inning, driving in two runs with a triple. Jamestown added one more run in the second, two in the third and two in the fourth. First baseman Aaron Senne capped the scoring with a two-run double in the fourth. He went 2-for-4 on the night, extending his hitting streak to 15 games.
Josh Hodges started for the Jammers and pitched five innings of two-run ball. He kept the Doubledays off the board until the fifth, when he put runners on second and third with nobody out. He retired the next three batters, with both runs scoring on groundouts.
The right-hander finished with four hits and two walks allowed. He struck out six batters and evened his record to 2-2, and his ERA fell to 6.61. Michael Ojala followed with two innings of shutout relief, keeping the Jammers up 7-4 after seven.
Auburn threatened in the eighth inning, loading the bases with one out against reliever Kenneth Toves. The Doubledays scored two runs before Michael Brady entered the game with two outs. He retired catcher Carlos Perez, the potential go-ahead run, to end the inning.
Brady pitched a scoreless ninth for his first save of the season. He has yet to allow any runs in 12.2 innings of work in 2010.
The Jammers now welcome the Batavia Muckdogs to Jamestown for three games, beginning Thursday at 7:05 pm. Adam Veres will go for the Jammers against Nick McCully for the Muckdogs.
New York-Penn League Stories from July 21, 2010
- Scrappers Win in Extras, Sweep Spikes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Bats Support Hodges, Staff as Jammers Reclaim First Place - Jamestown Jammers
- Spikes Come Back in Ninth, But Fall to Scrappers in Eleven, 6-4 - State College Spikes
- IronBirds Winning Streak Ends at Five Games - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Tigers Rained out Wednesday - Connecticut Tigers
- Lake Monsters at Connecticut Postponed - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spikes' Curry Named NYPL Player of the Week - State College Spikes
- Mahoning Valley Scrappers Homestand Notes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - July 21 Vs. Mahoning Valley - State College Spikes
- Cyclones Announce Unique Social Networking Contest - Brooklyn Cyclones
- IronBirds Add Three Rehabbers from Norfolk - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Muckdogs Return Home This Sunday - Batavia Muckdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.