Scahill Pitches Modesto Past LancasterJuly 15, 2010 - California League (CalL) - Lancaster JetHawks
From that point forward, Urckfitz was magnificent. The southpaw starter tossed six scoreless innings after the opening frame and set a new season-high for consecutive batters retired by a JetHawks pitcher with 18.
But Lancaster's offense was unable to get anything going against Scahill, who struck out seven batters and did not issue a walk.
Trailing 5-0 in the bottom of the eighth, Barry Butera hit an RBI triple off Scahill that plated David Flores. But Butera was thrown out trying to score on the play and Scahill recovered to retire Jay Austin for the final out in the inning.
Scahill (6-5) earned the win for Modesto. Urckfitz (4-4) was the tough-luck loser for Lancaster, despite allowing just four hits and three earned runs in seven innings pitched.
With the win, Modesto improved to 11-10 in the second half and 48-43 overall. The JetHawks fell to 9-12 and 32-59 overall.
The JetHawks will square off against Modesto in the series finale Friday at Clear Channel Stadium. Lancaster will start right-hander Leandro Cespedes (1-3, 5.23 ERA). The Nuts are expected to counter with right-hander Juan Nicasio (8-5, 3.48 ERA). First pitch is slated for 7:00 p.m. Tune in for all the live action beginning with the JetHawks Pre-Game Show at 6:45 p.m. on www.jethawks.com/csn and News Talk 1380-AM.
California League Stories from July 15, 2010
- Scahill Pitches Modesto Past Lancaster - Lancaster JetHawks
- Mavericks' Errors Lead to Loss - High Desert Mavericks
- Giants Blast Mavericks To Snap Losing Streak - San Jose Giants
- Nuts Win Wild Game At Clear Channel - Lancaster JetHawks
- Ports Power Past Rawhide, 15-5 - Stockton Ports
- Corbin Deals In 3-1 Win Over Blaze - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Giants Beat The Mavs 10-4 Wednesday Night - High Desert Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.