Beavers Return to PGE Park Sunday Night for Fourth of July FireworksJuly 1, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Portland Beavers
Festivities for the Beavers' Independence Day celebration presented by PGE begin at 5:30 p.m. when gates open at PGE Park. Following the game, fans will be treated to a special extended fireworks presentation taking place over center field. The Beavers will also show off their new stars-and-stripes caps for the holiday.
Sunday's Fourth of July game is also a Kids Sunday at PGE Park. Before the game, kids can play catch on the field and enjoy the Beavers' Kids-Eat-Free Plan before the 7:05 p.m. first pitch. Due to the post-game fireworks display, Kids Run the Bases will not occur following the game.
For Sunday, the Beavers are offering a special, all-inclusive $35 ticket that includes seating in the exclusive Left-Field Lounge and Widmer Brothers group areas near the visitors' dugout and an all-you-can-eat menu of hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, popcorn, cookies and soft drinks. These tickets are available by calling the Beavers ticket office at (503) 553-5555.
On Make-A-Difference Monday, the Beavers help raise funds for Limbs for Life, a global non-profit organization that provides prosthetic limbs for those who cannot afford them, with a special jersey auction. The Dominican-themed Nike jerseys will be auctioned off through a silent auction during the game. Also, fans are encouraged to bring non-perishable foods to assist in the Beavers' season-long Make-A-Difference Monday promotion benefiting the Sunshine Division of Portland.
Tuesday night's game is a Fred Meyer $4 Tuesday. During the day, 200 general admission tickets will be available for $4 through the PGE Park box office and Ticketmaster outlets at local Fred Meyer locations.
Take advantage of the early summer weather and spend the afternoon at the ballpark Wednesday with the Beavers as they wrap up their four-game series with a special day game on a Win-Win Wednesday on July 7; first pitch is set for 1:05 p.m.
Tickets for the Beavers series against Las Vegas, the Triple-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, are available through the PGE Park box office, area Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800) 745-3000. Convenient and affordable group and suite packages are available through the Beavers ticket office at (503) 553-5555.
SPECIAL EVENT HIGHLIGHTS (Homestand 8): Sunday, July 4 Independence Day celebration presented by PGE - Beavers vs. Las Vegas - 7:05 p.m. Celebrate the Fourth of July with the Beavers' annual Independence Day celebration at PGE Park presented by PGE. Highlighting the night is the biggest post-game fireworks show of the season. Take advantage of the $35 ticket special, which includes field level access and all-you-can-eat hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans, chips, popcorn, cookies and soft drinks (through the bottom of the sixth inning). The Beavers will sport their limited-edition stars and stripes caps, which will be worn and sold at the game Sunday. It is also Kids Sunday, so all kids are invited to play catch on the field before the game from 6-6:30 p.m. There will also be face painting and a Beavers player autograph session. Prior to the first pitch, all kids 12 and under can take advantage of the Beavers' Kids-Eat-Free plan. The game will be broadcast live on 95.5 The Game.
Monday, July 5 Make-A-Difference Monday / Limbs for Life Jersey Auction - Beavers vs. Las Vegas - 7:05 p.m. The homestand continues with the Limbs for Life jersey auction on a Make-A-Difference Monday. During the game, the Beavers will wear special Dominican-themed jerseys, which will then be auctioned off to benefit Limbs For Life. The Sunshine Division will be on-hand to collect non-perishable food items at the park. Anyone who donates to the cause will receive a coupon good for a free ticket of equal or lesser value with the purchase of one ticket.
Tuesday, July 6 Fred Meyer $4 Tuesday - Beavers vs. Las Vegas - 7:05 p.m. The first homestand of July continues on a Fred Meyer $4 Tuesday. Throughout the day, 200 general admission tickets will be available for $4 through the PGE Park box office and Ticketmaster outlets at local Fred Meyer locations.
Wednesday, July 7 Win-Win Wednesday - Beavers vs. Las Vegas - 1:05 p.m. The Beavers wrap up their first series with Las Vegas this season on a special afternoon edition Win-Win Wednesday at PGE Park, with a 1:05 p.m. first pitch. A Beavers win means fans will receive a voucher good for a ticket to a future Sunday-Wednesday Beavers home game, and they will be treated to a voucher to nearby Tropical Smoothie. Additionally, 95.5 The Game's 'Wheels at Work' show will be broadcasting live from PGE Park from 12-3 p.m.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 1, 2010
- Rainiers Blast Past Portland - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sky Sox Sting Bees with Five Run Ninth, 8-7 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Tacoma's Bedard, Seddon Combine to Four-Hit Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Torra Deals Complete Game in 9-2 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
- Express Edged 5-3 by Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Slip by Express in Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Roll the Zephyrs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Take Series Opener from Zephyrs, 10-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Doubled Up by Royals, 6-3 - Iowa Cubs
- Luna an All-Star - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Beavers Return to PGE Park Sunday Night for Fourth of July Fireworks - Portland Beavers
- 51s Baseball to be Featured on Holly's World on Sunday, July 4 - Las Vegas 51s
- Express Outfielder Brian Bogusevic Named PCL All-Star - Round Rock Express
- Two River Cats Named to 2010 Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Gibbons, Lindsey, May Named to PCL All-Star Squad - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 51s Baseball to Participate in "Stars & Stripes" Caps This Weekend - Las Vegas 51s
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Beavers' Ernesto Frieri to Represent PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Portland Beavers
- First-Place Grizzlies Send Two to All-Star Game - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Diamond Named to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds SS Luis Cruz Named to PCL All-Star Team - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs' Luna Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Gordon, Ka'Aihue Named PCL All-Stars - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces' Norberto Named Pacific Coast League All-Star - Reno Aces
- Two 'Birds Named to All-Star Team - Memphis Redbirds
- Thompson and Trumbo Named 2010 PCL All-Stars - Salt Lake Bees
- Three Sky Sox Named to the 2010 PCL All-Star Team - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Erik Bedard Set to Make Rehab Start with Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Luke French Elected to Triple-A All-Star Team - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Ready to Celebrate Independence Day Weekend Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Salt Lake Bees To Honor The Late Quinn Falk - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.