Saints Ink Rochester Native, Pitcher Matt MeyerJune 25, 2010 - American Association (AA) St. Paul Saints
The 25-year-old Meyer is a Rochester, MN native and was pitching at Double-A Springfield in the St. Louis Cardinal organization. He was 0-2 with a 6.64 ERA in 21 games. In 20.1 innings pitched he walked 14 and struck out 20 while opponents hit .294 against him.
Meyer was selected in the 15th round of the June Amateur Draft by the Cleveland Indians in 2006 out of Boston College. He is a graduate of Mayo High School in Rochester.
To make room for Meyer the Saints released outfielder Coby Smith who was hitting .178 with six RBI in 31 games.
The Saints roster stands at the league maximum 22 players, 11 pitchers and 11 position players.
American Association Stories from June 25, 2010
- Saltdogs keep pace in North race - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints And Wingnuts Rained Out, Doubleheader Saturday - St. Paul Saints
- Friday's Game Postponed - Wichita Wingnuts
- "Heads" off to Arkansas Night with the St. Paul Saints - St. Paul Saints
- Saints Ink Rochester Native, Pitcher Matt Meyer - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs Sign One Rookie, Trade Another - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.