Triple-A All-Star Broadcast Details AnnouncedJune 24, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL)
The 2010 Triple-A All-Star Game will take place at Coca-Cola Park, home of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, the top affiliate of the Phillies. While the Game has been telecast nationally for most of its history, including the last 15 years consecutively, this will be the first time the Triple-A All-Star Game has aired on MLB Network. MLB Network, the 24/7 cable television network owned and operated by Major League Baseball, launched on January 1, 2009 as the largest debut in cable television history and is currently available in approximately 55 million cable and satellite homes. With live games, original programming, highlights, classic games, and coverage of baseball events, MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans.
Handling play-by-play duties on the telecast will be Tom McCarthy. Tom is in the third year of his second tour of duty with the Phillies. He was the club's radio play-by-play voice from 2001 to 2005, then after two years in the same role with the New York Mets, he returned to Philadelphia to join the television broadcast in 2008. McCarthy has an extensive background in sports broadcasting, including with the Double-A Trenton Thunder, ESPN Radio, CBS College Sports Network, Sports USA Radio, Saint Joseph's University men's basketball, Rutgers University football, and Princeton University football and men's basketball.
Serving as the analyst will be MLB Network's Mitch Williams. Williams is a veteran of 11 seasons of Major League Baseball. The pitcher known as "Wild Thing" saved 192 games, including a career-best 43 in 1993 when he led the Phillies to the National League pennant. The former All-Star has regularly appeared as an analyst on MLB Network since the channel's launch in 2009 on shows such as MLB Tonight, Hot Stove, game telecasts and MLB Network's special event coverage. He also hosts a weekly radio show, "Remember When" on Sirius/XM as well as a one-hour pre-game radio show, "The Wild Pitch" before Phillies games on 1210-WPHT.
Westwood One Radio Live Broadcast
Radio coverage of this year's Triple-A All-Star Game will be broadcast live on the Westwood One Radio Network. Manning the microphone will be Lehigh Valley's Matt Provence along with Tim Grubbs of New Orleans. Provence is in the midst of his 14th season calling Minor League Baseball games, including having been the "Voice of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs" since the franchise's inception in 2008. He notably worked the California/Carolina League All-Star Game in Stockton, CA in 2001. Grubbs is a veteran of 16 years in professional baseball, including the last nine with the New Orleans Zephyrs. The former Double-A Southern League Broadcaster of the Year with Tennessee has also worked for Winston-Salem, Hickory, and the Pittsburgh Pirates. Jon Schaeffer of Lehigh Valley will serve as a roving reporter on the broadcast.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 24, 2010
- Big First Inning Pushes Sky Sox to 10-5 Win - Reno Aces
- Bowker, Sosa Lead Grizzlies over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Fuld Helps Lift I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Fall Short Against Albuquerque 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Silence 'Birds in Shutout - Memphis Redbirds
- Davis Sharp in Rehab Start, Sounds Blank Redbirds - Nashville Sounds
- Freight House District to Host World Cup Viewing Party - Reno Aces
- Zephyrs Sign Armando Benitez - New Orleans Zephyrs
- First-Place Grizzlies Return Home for Twilight Night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Banks Promoted to Houston, Will Start Saturday - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Triple-A All-Star Broadcast Details Announced - PCL
- Triple-A All-Star Umpires Announced - PCL
- PCL Top Prospects Card Set Includes 'Rojo' Card - PCL
- Rainiers Roll By Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- Beavers Sweep Grizzlies With Two 2-1 Wins - Portland Beavers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.