Berger Heads to DLJune 23, 2010 - Eastern League (EL) Akron Aeros
Berger is moving to the disabled list after being scratched from Tuesday night's start against Richmond because of mid-back tightness. The 23-year-old University of Arizona product was 3-4 with a 5.25 ERA this season in 10 starts but has been red hot recently. In his past four outings dating back to May 30th, he has a 1.90 ERA with 24 strikeouts against only nine walks in 23.2 innings pitched. He joined the Akron roster from extended spring training on April 26th this season.
Putnam returns from the disabled list after originally being placed retroactive to May 31st. He began the season as a starter for the Aeros after spending the majority of last season in Double-A and in the bullpen. Overall this year for Akron he is 2-1 with two saves and a 4.02 ERA in 11 appearances (seven starts). He is a product of the University of Michigan and was the first 2008 draftee to play for the Aeros last season, and has 27 strikeouts with only seven walks this year.
Putnam will be wearing his usual #40 and the Aeros are still expected to be playing tonight at 7:05 p.m. against the Richmond Flying Squirrels at Canal Park.
Eastern League Stories from June 23, 2010
- Thunder Come Back to Down Erie - Trenton Thunder
- 'Wolves Let Late Lead Slip Away in 12-7 Loss - Erie SeaWolves
- Rock Cats Turn Table on B-Mets with 10-2 Triumph - Binghamton Mets
- Squirrels Stumble at Finish Line, Fall in Game Two, 5-4 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Drennen Delivers as Aeros Win 5-4 - Akron Aeros
- Curve Fight Through Rain to Defeat Portland, 8-1 - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs Pounded in Altoona, 8-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rock Cats Ben Revere Selected for 2010 XM Futures Game - New Britain Rock Cats
- Berger Heads to DL - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Host Amanda Bynes Retirement Party - Bowie Baysox
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Aeros Notes - Akron Aeros
- INF Juan Ciriaco Activated - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Adam Loewen Homers, Triples, Drives in Six in 9-4 Fisher Cats Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Early Runs Sink Sens - Harrisburg Senators
- Romine, Noesi and Franklin Selected to XM Futures Game Roster - Trenton Thunder
- Jimmy Barthmaier Released - Altoona Curve
- Chisenhall Named To All-Star Futures Game - Akron Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.