Nothing Goes Right as Pelicans Drop FinaleJune 17, 2010 - Carolina League (CarL) Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Matt Crim got the nod on the hill for the Pelicans looking to build off his eight shutout inning performance last Friday night in Kinston, but the lefty ran into some bad luck and misplaced location as everything the P-Nats struck seemed to find a hole. The southpaw did not make it out of the second inning after allowing nine runs (seven earned) on nine hits.
Yeliar Castro came on in relief of Crim and pitched admirably, tossing 5 1/3 innings, striking out five and allowing just one earned run in his time on the hill to keep the Birds in the ballgame, but the Potomac offense was too much on this night.
Outfielder Nick Moresi led the charge for the Potomac offense, going 4-for-5 on the evening with three runs scored and three runs batted in while Tyler Moore also rapped out three hits with four runs batted in to boot. Every starter but left fielder Robby Jacobsen recorded a base hit as the P-Nats recorded 17 base hits on the evening.
The loss for the Pelicans snapped their seven-game home winning streak, but the Birds have still won three consecutive series from BB&T Coastal Field as they prepare for their final series of the first half.
The Pelicans welcome the Frederick Keys to BB&T Coastal Field with another excellent installment of Free Stuff Friday at the ballpark! For this edition, the Grand Strand revs up for Hot Rod Night presented by Ridemakerz where the first 500 fans 12 and under through the gates will receive a free Ridemakerz Ridez which will allow fans to customize their own collectable toy car any way they choose!
Carolina League Stories from June 17, 2010
- Nothing Goes Right as Pelicans Drop Finale - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Volquez Dominates in Doubleheader Split - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Alaniz Dominates, P-Nats Crush Pelicans in Series Finale - Potomac Nationals
- Dash Drop Series Finale, 6-3 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Britton's Four Hits Bash Dash - Frederick Keys
- Salem Sweeps Wilmington with 3-2 Thursday Victory - Salem Red Sox
- Salem Sweeps Rocks with 3-2 Win - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Axelrod Promoted to AA Birmingham - Winston-Salem Dash
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- K-Tribe June 17 Doubleheader Notes - Kinston Indians
- Leroy Hunt Activated off D.L. - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.