Shorebirds Game Notes: June 17 Vs. LexingtonJune 17, 2010 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Delmarva Shorebirds
June 17, 2010 | Arthur W. Perdue Stadium | 7:05 p.m.
Series: Game 1
Radio Broadcast: Sportstalk 960 | www.sportstalk960.com
PREVIEW: Fresh off a series sweep over Kannapolis, the Shorebirds play game one against the Lexington Legends. This series will close out the first half of the season for both teams.
FIRST SWEEP: The Sweep of the Intimidators was the first series sweep of the season for Delmarva.
SIX STRAIGHT AT PERDUE: The Shorebirds have won six straight games at Perdue Stadium. They beat Hagerstown in games two through four of two home series ago. The six game home winning streak is the longest of the season. Prior to the current streak, the 'Birds had only won home games in a row twice (4/19-4/20 & 5/28-5/29). The Shorebirds had a six-game home winning streak last season between July 13 and July 18. The last seven game home winning streak was in 2008 between August 14 and 29.
15 RBIs IN LAST 9: Kieron Pope has been unbelievable of late. He has 15 RBIs in his last nine games. Pope has accounted for 15 of the 52 runs during the stretch.
FOUR-GAME WINNING STREAK?: The Shorebirds are on the brink of their longest winning streak of the season. They won four games in a row just once this season, between April 9 and 12.
PLAYER TO WATCH: STEVE BUMBRY
Outfielder Steve Bumbry has recorded a hit in eight straight games in which he has started. He is now third in the Orioles minor league system with a .293 batting average. His batting average has been above .290 for nine straight days. Bumbry added to his triples total and has seven on the season, tied for third in the South Atlantic League. Evan Crawford of Augusta leads the league with 10 triples on the year.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 17, 2010
- Suns Fall in First Game of Final First-Half Series - Hagerstown Suns
- Gnats Move One Win Away from Championship with 4-1 Win - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Power Top Hagerstown, 7-5 - West Virginia Power
- BlueClaws Aren't Intimidated, Win 4-1 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Santana Leads 'Dads past Drive, 4-0 - Hickory Crawdads
- Drive Outhit Crawdads, but Lose 4-0 - Greenville Drive
- Gnats Take MEGA Series Opener, 4-1 - Augusta GreenJackets
- 'Birds Win Fourth Straight, 3-0 over Legends - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Braves Tame RiverDogs - Rome Braves
- Delmarva Takes Series Opener over Legends, 3-0 - Lexington Legends
- Rome Quiets RiverDogs, 6-1 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Gnats Game Notes - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Gnats Katz Accepts Challenge - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Rome Adds Cunningham to Roster - Rome Braves
- Brown Accepts Savannah's MEGA Series Challenge - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shorebirds Game Notes: June 17 Vs. Lexington - Delmarva Shorebirds
- All-Star CF Miguel Velazquez to Participate in Home Run Derby - Hickory Crawdads
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Ramirez to DL, Milo Added to Roster - Charleston RiverDogs
- Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame Releases 2010 Candidates - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws to Host Cole Bros. Circus, August 5-8 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Series Preview: June 17-20 at Augusta - Savannah Sand Gnats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.