Lerew Promoted to KC as Hochevar Hits DLJune 16, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
Lerew was 5-3 with a 2.84 ERA - 4th-best in the Pacific Coast League - in 14 appearances, including 11 starts for Omaha. In fact, in his 11 starts, the 27-year old right-hander was even better, posting a 5-2 record and a 2.12 ERA. In 73.0 Triple-A innings this season, he has yielded only three home runs. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder made three appearances (two starts) for Kansas City last September, going 0-1 with a 4.05 ERA. In his big league career, Lerew is 0-3 with a 6.69 in 14 outings, including five starts, for the Braves (2005-2007) and Royals (2009).
Hochevar is 5-4 with a 4.96 ERA in 13 starts with KC this year. Entering has last start Friday at Cincinnati, the 26-year old righty had posted a 3.19 ERA (11 ER in 31.0 IP) over his previous four outings. On Friday, he gave up four runs in 4.0 innings, before leaving due to the elbow injury. Kansas City manager Ned Yost expects Hochevar to only miss two starts.
Parrish was 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA in nine big league relief appearances. The 32-year old lefty last pitched for KC on April 24 and was placed on the D.L. on April 29 with left rotator cuff inflammation. He began a rehab assignment with Omaha last week, going 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA in three games, including two starts. But, he suffered a setback last Sunday in the ninth inning against Nashville.
The Omaha Royals are currently on an 18-day, 17-game road trip. The team won't be back in action at Rosenblatt Stadium until July 2, opening a brief, two-game homestand that concludes with the annual Omaha World-Herald Fireworks extravaganza on Saturday, July 3 at 6:35 p.m.
For tickets, call (402) 738-5100, or print tickets online at www.oroyals.com .
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2010
- Sox Top Rainiers in Extra Inning Thriller, 2-1 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Birkins a Hard Luck Loser, Sox Fall 1-0 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Aces Shut Out by Sacramento, 4-0 - Reno Aces
- Express Losing Streak Continues, Falling 3-2 to I-Cubs - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Top Zephyrs in Doubleheader - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Cubs Edge Express, Seek Sweep - Iowa Cubs
- Chase Wright Tosses One-Hit Shutout for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Z's Get Swept in Doubleheader - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Angels Recall O'Sullivan - Salt Lake Bees
- Lerew Promoted to KC as Hochevar Hits DL - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Father's Day Celebration Highlights Nine-Game Homestand - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- First-Place Grizzlies Hold Beavers To Two Runs In Win - Portland Beavers
- River Cats Top Reno 4-1 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.