River Cats Top Reno 4-1June 16, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
The Aces put runners on base in every inning, yet the base runners failed to materialize on the scoreboard until the ninth, when Drew Macias knocked home Brandon Allen with a two-out single. That would be all the Reno offense would muster, though.
The Aces have now fallen in three-straight games overall and six-straight times to the River Cats.
Torra (3-5) worked 5.1 innings, allowing three runs on eight hits in the losing effort. He walked one and struck out three. Out of the Aces bullpen, Jason Urquidez surrendered a run in two innings of work, and Jose Marte worked a scoreless two-thirds.
The win went to Sacramento reliever Michael Benacka (2-2), who pitched 1.2 scoreless frames after spelling starter and former Aces pitcher Travis Blackley.
Ed Rogers, Allen and Mark Hallberg each collected two hits on the evening for Reno.
The Aces and River Cats will hit the third leg of this four-game set on Wednesday night. RHP Wes Roemer (1-2, 4.75 ERA) gets the nod for Reno. The River Cats will turn to RHP Kyle Middleton (2-5, 3.38 ERA). First pitch from Raley Field is set for 7:05 p.m. PT.
The Aces return home on June 22 for a four-game set with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. Tickets for all Aces games start at just $7, and are available by calling the Reno Aces box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com. The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both game days and non-game days.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 16, 2010
- Sox Top Rainiers in Extra Inning Thriller, 2-1 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Birkins a Hard Luck Loser, Sox Fall 1-0 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Aces Shut Out by Sacramento, 4-0 - Reno Aces
- Express Losing Streak Continues, Falling 3-2 to I-Cubs - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Top Zephyrs in Doubleheader - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Cubs Edge Express, Seek Sweep - Iowa Cubs
- Chase Wright Tosses One-Hit Shutout for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Z's Get Swept in Doubleheader - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Angels Recall O'Sullivan - Salt Lake Bees
- Lerew Promoted to KC as Hochevar Hits DL - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Father's Day Celebration Highlights Nine-Game Homestand - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- First-Place Grizzlies Hold Beavers To Two Runs In Win - Portland Beavers
- River Cats Top Reno 4-1 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.