Crist Cancels First Pitch; Stoney Announces Run For SenateApril 22, 2010 - Florida State League (FSL) - Charlotte Stone Crabs
Stoney held a press conference at his home underneath the Baseball Boardwalk at Charlotte Sports Park, announcing his decision just minutes after news came that Crist would not be able to attend the Stone Crabs game on Friday.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," Stoney said at the press conference. "Also, no baseball or hot dogs. I don't want to live in a world with no baseball or hot dogs."
The Stone Crabs mascot will run on a platform that tackles important issues like mandatory field trips to baseball games for all students and universal hot dog care (No Hot Dog Left Behind).
Stoney will hold a celebration for his Senate bid on Friday night as the Stone Crabs take on the Palm Beach Cardinals at 7:05 p.m at Charlotte Sports Park. He will throw out the Ceremonial First Pitch before the game and has planned a special post-game fireworks show to kick off his campaign.
"Four score and seven years ago, I don't know what year it was," Stoney said at the press conference. "But Friday, April 23 will be a night that will live in infamy."
Tickets start at just $6 for all home games and are available three ways: visiting the Charlotte Sports Park box office, calling 941-206-HITS (4487), or visiting StoneCrabsBaseball.com.
Florida State League Stories from April 22, 2010
- Jupiter Hits, Gets Hit In Victory - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Miracle Score Early, Cruise to First Victory over Bradenton - Fort Myers Miracle
- Flying Tigers Return Home To Battle Threshers - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Daytona Cubs Announce 2010 Dog Days - Daytona Tortugas
- Manatees to Help Clean Viera Blvd. - Brevard County Manatees
- Crist Cancels First Pitch; Stoney Announces Run For Senate - Charlotte Stone Crabs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.