Dallas Calls Up Climie, Texas Summons Bachman From IdahoApril 1, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Texas Stars
Climie, 27, has backstopped the Texas Stars to the Calder Cup playoffs in their inaugural season in the AHL with a 21-16-3 record in 42 appearances. He has earned a 2.40 goals-against-average (GAA) and his .921 save percentage ranks tied for sixth overall among AHL goaltenders. This marks Climie's second stint with Dallas this season after serving as back-up for two games under emergency conditions (Oct. 30-Nov. 1).
The 6-3, 194-pound native of Luduc, Alta., made his National Hockey League debut in three appearances with the Dallas Stars last season, earning a 2-1-0 record with a 2.92 GAA. He played the majority of the 2008-09 season with the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL, earning 27 wins in 42 games. Climie signed as a free agent with Dallas on March 20, 2008.
Bachman played in six games over two stints with Texas this season, recording a 3-3-0 record, a 2.07 goals against average and a .927 save percentage. On his last recall in February, Bachman recorded his first career AHL shutout with 17 saves in a 5-0 win at Hamilton on Feb. 16. Bachman has played in 35 games with Idaho this year, going 22-7-4 with a 2.28 goals against average and a .910 save percentage. The rookie goalie leaves the Steelheads as the ECHL leader in goals against average and shutouts (4).
The 22-year old was drafted by the Dallas Stars in the fourth round (#120 overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Bachman played the previous two seasons with Colorado College, posting a 39-20-11 record with a 2.24 goals against average and a .922 save percentage. In two NCAA seasons, he posted seven shutouts.
Texas returns home for the State Farm Lone Star Face-off at Cedar Park Center, starting on Friday, April 2nd as the Stars take on the San Antonio Rampage at 7:30 PM. The first 3,000 fans will receive a Texas Stars puck, compliments of Cedar Park Regional Medical Center. Also on Friday, Cedar Park Center will provide $2.00 domestic drafts and $1.00 hot dogs. The State Farm Lone Star Face-off continues on Saturday, April 3rd when the Stars host the Houston Aeros at 7:00 PM. The first 2,000 fans receive a Texas Stars camouflage hat. Also, fans may purchase the State Farm Lone Family Four Pack, which includes four tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas for $44.
State Farm and the Texas Stars will televise the State Farm Lone Star Face-off on Saturday, April 3rd at 7:00 PM on FSN Southwest. All games can be heard on the Stars flagship station ESPNAustin 104.9 FM "The Horn" or ESPNAustin 1530-AM.
To purchase a Calder Cup playoff package, which offers fans the same seat for all 16 possible home games, fans may call 512-GO-STARS. To rent a suite for a home playoff game or book a group, those interested may call 512-GO-STARS. Individual tickets for playoff games at Cedar Park Center also can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000, visiting any Ticketmaster outlet or the Cedar Park Center box office, or online at ticketmaster.com.
Tickets for any of the Stars 40 regular season home games at Cedar Park Center are on sale, starting as low as $9.00 a seat. Individual game tickets may be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000, by going online at www.ticketmaster.com or by visiting any local Ticketmaster outlet.
Season ticket packages to see the Stars play their Inaugural season at the Cedar Park Center are on sale now, starting as low as $12.00 a seat. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com . Anyone interested in purchasing season tickets, suites, group tickets or mini-plans may call the Texas Stars front office.
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2010
- Tyler Weiman Slows Peoria's Progress 3-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulldogs Earn Franchise Record 50th Win Of The Season - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Airplane Toss Saturday, Playoff Tickets On Sale, Sawyer Named ECHL All-Star - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Host Peoria Friday In Pivotal Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ducks Reassign Sharp And Bickel To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- River Rats' "Fan Appreciation Weekend" Presented By Capitaland - Albany River Rats
- Center David Gilbert Signed To An ATO - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Announce Dates For First Two Home Playoff Games - Chicago Wolves
- D Maxim Noreau Selected Second Team AHL All-Star - Houston Aeros
- Binghamton Zoo At Ross Park & ZooMobile To Visit B-Sens This Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Players, President To Shave Heads For MACC Fund - Milwaukee Admirals
- Dallas Calls Up Climie, Texas Summons Bachman From Idaho - Texas Stars
- Help Give The Good Shepherd Food Bank A Ton Of Help - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Sign Gustafsson & Harper To ATOs; Duchesne Recalled To Philadelphia - Adirondack Phantoms
- Oystrick Summoned By Anaheim - Chicago Wolves
- Subban And Desjardins Named To AHL All-Star Teams - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Defenseman Clay Wilson Named To 2009-10 AHL Second All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- Jerome Samson Named To 2009-10 AHL First All-Star Team - Albany River Rats
- Linglet Named Second Team AHL All-Star - Springfield Falcons
- Moose Recall Taylor Ellington From Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack's Corey Locke Earns Second-Team AHL All-Star Honors - Connecticut Whale
- 2009-10 First And Second AHL All-Star Teams Announced - AHL
- Aucoin, Giroux, Gordon Are AHL All-Stars - Hershey Bears
- Nesbitt Loaned To Toledo, Hagel Released From PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Lashoff Rejoins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Sign Defenseman Dave Cowan To Tryout - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins' Home Finale Packed With Fun - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lars Eller Named Reebok/AHL Player Of The Month - Peoria Rivermen
- Albany's Jerome Samson Named Reebok/AHL Player Of The Month - AHL
- Rochester's Tyler Plante Named Reebok/AHL Goaltender Of The Month - AHL
- Peoria's Lars Eller Named Reebok/AHL Rookie Of The Month - AHL
- Senators Sign Patrick Wiercioch To Entry-Level Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Chris McKelvie To ATO - Connecticut Whale
- River Rats Loan Goaltender Mike Morrison To Utah - Albany River Rats
- Admirals, Wave Team Up For Ticket Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Sign Defenseman Patrick Cullity And Center Tyler Murovich - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Sign Forward Yannick Tifu - Binghamton Senators
- Generals Get Huge Win Over Bloomington - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.