Admirals Hang On To Edge Stars 3-2March 23, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Texas Stars
Milwaukee built a 3-0 lead after one period of play starting at 11:01 of the first period. Milwaukee's Triston Grant snapped a wrist shot past the glove of Texas goalie Brent Krahn for his 12th goal of the year and a 1-0 Admirals lead. Milwaukee's lead doubled at 14:26 after forward Dave Scatchard snuck a wrist shot past the stick of Krahn for his 14th goal of the season and a 2-0 lead. The Admirals increased their lead to 3-0 with only six seconds remaining in the opening frame. Leading scorer Mike Santorelli carried the puck into the Texas zone and banked a shot off the inside of Krahn's right leg pad for his 22nd of the season. Krahn was pulled after the first period, finishing with 17 saves on 20 Milwaukee shots.
The Stars stormed back in the second period to cut the Milwaukee lead to one by the end of the middle frame. Defenseman Dan Jancevski jumped into the play and took a pass from center Aaron Gagnon in the Milwaukee crease. Jancevski smacked the puck past Admirals goalie Mark Dekanich for his third goal of the year and a 3-1 Milwaukee lead. Texas scored again just 1:31 later to trim the Admirals lead to 3-2. Center Perttu Lindgren brought the puck into the Milwaukee zone and used the defenseman as a screen, blasting a slapshot between the legs of Dekanich. Lindgren's 14th goal of the season was his third in as many nights.
Texas will continue a 14-day and seven-game road trip in Chicago with a 7:30 PM game against the Wolves on Friday, March 25th. Texas returns to Cedar Park on Friday, April 2nd to take on the San Antonio Rampage. The first 3,000 fans will receive a Texas Stars puck. Also on Friday, Cedar Park Center will provide $2.00 domestic drafts and $1.00 hot dogs. All games can be heard on the Stars flagship station ESPNAustin 104.9 FM "The Horn" or ESPNAustin 1530-AM.
Tickets for any of the Stars 40 regular season home games at Cedar Park Center are on sale, starting as low as $9.00 a seat. Individual game tickets may be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000, by going online at www.ticketmaster.com or by visiting any local Ticketmaster outlet.
Season ticket packages to see the Stars play their Inaugural season at the Cedar Park Center are on sale now, starting as low as $12.00 a seat. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com. Anyone interested in purchasing season tickets, suites, group tickets or mini-plans may call the Texas Stars front office.
American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2010
- Admirals Top Stars 3-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Defeated 3-2 By Moose - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose Top Bulldogs, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Hang On To Edge Stars 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Alex Stalock Sets AHL Record, Sharks Win 3-1 - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Wiped Out by Worcester - Syracuse Crunch
- Jackson Stewart From The Hannah Montana Show To Appear At Rampage Game - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Lee Baldwin To ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Release Bates - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Announce Multiple Player Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Adirondack Ends Hershey's Home Winning Streak On Sunday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Silver Medalist To Sign Autographs Saturday, Hawks To Honor IceHogs Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Spaling Recalled From Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Week Twenty Six: Chad Continues Chipping In - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Albany Signs Mike McKenzie To ATO - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Send Galivan To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Marlies Win Both Games Over the Weekend; Extend Winning Streak to Four Games - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Enter Pivotal Week For Playoff Hopes - Norfolk Admirals
- Brett Sutter Recalled To Calgary Flames - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Recall Goaltender Dan Taylor - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Playoff Tickets On Sale Thursday - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Griffins Sign Brandon Wong To ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Marlies Recall Forward Alex Berry From Reading - Toronto Marlies
- Rats Stumble, Remain In Second - Albany River Rats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.