7,745 Fans At Stockton Arena Enjoy Perugini's Fourth Career ShutoutFebruary 13, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) Stockton Thunder
The Thunder, who closed the gap to six points behind the Bakersfield Condors for first place in the Pacific Division, boosted their run at home to 7-1-4 in the last 12 games and were also supported in goal-scoring by Matt Robinson and Garet Hunt.
Robinson's 14th goal of the season broke the scoreless tie with 10:18 left in the first period, completing a cycle against the left boards by taking James Bates' centering pass and ripping a one-timer past Curtis Darling.
Andrew Perugini only had to make seven saves in the first period, helping stymie an Ontario power-play.
Eizenman lofted the Thunder to a 2-0 lead with his 10th goal of the year, eight minutes left in the second period, hunting down Colin Hemingway's dump-in at the right circle and buried a wrist shot from close range after outracing the Ontario defense.
Hemingway hiked the lead to 3-0 with his 18th goal of the season on the power-play with 3:58 left in the second period, ripping Justin DaCosta's cross-ice pass with a one-timer that beat Darling from the left circle.
The Thunder kept Ontario off the board with Perugini's 18 saves in the second period, which included Greg Hogeboom's snap shot from below the hash marks.
Two more goals helped the Thunder put the dagger into Ontario, beginning with Eizenman's second goal of the night at 11:12 in the third period to boost the edge to 4-0, when he completed Hemingway's cross-ice pass off the rush, and buried a snapshot from the left circle to chase Darling for backup Mike Zacharias.
Hunt's wraparound goal on the power-play, his fourth of the season, sealed the score at 5-0 when his backhander beat Zacharias to the blocker side.
Darling took the loss in net with 36 saves.
NOTES: The Thunder scratched Ryan Constant (injured reserve), Riley Emmerson (healthy), Matt O'Dette (healthy) and Craig Valette (injured reserve)... Stockton fell to 6-3-0 this season against Ontario and 3-1-0 at Stockton Arena... the teams play against each other in the final meeting of the regular season, tomorrow in Ontario... Bates' assist on Robinson's goal gave him points in 14 of the last 16 games... Colin Hemingway enjoyed his third multi-point game in a Thunder uniform since joining the team via a trade in January... Perugini's shutout was his third against Ontario in his career.
The Thunder returns to play tomorrow on the road against the Ontario Reign, starting at 7:00 p.m. at Citizens Business Bank Arena. The game can be heard on radio, exclusively online at www.stocktonthunder.com, courtesy of B2 Networks (audio is free of charge).
The Thunder was voted "Best Local Sports Team" by readers of the San Joaquin Magazine, has led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew 223,854 fans to Stockton Arena in 2008-09. Season Tickets for 2009-10 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2010
- Steelheads top Utah in shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Chiefs toppled by Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Nailers mount comeback in 3rd but fail - Wheeling Nailers
- Everblades Double Up Stingrays 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Checkers lose to Gladiators - Charlotte Checkers
- Dustin Sproat Delivers In Cyclones' 6-2 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brown, Gladiators Hold Off Checkers 2-1 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Everblades Top Stingrays 4-2 - Florida Everblades
- Toledo's Victory Creates Three-Way Tie for Second Place - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Walleye Shut Out Wings 3-0 - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Condors Vs. Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Charlie Kronschnabel Loaned To Hershey - Reading Royals
- Nailers Host Last Home Game For Three Weeks - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira At Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Tailgate Saturday Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Shut Out By Thunder, 5-0 - Ontario Reign
- Chiefs Clipped By Wings - Johnstown Chiefs
- Another Utah Comeback Leads To 4-3 Shootout Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Erase Three Deficits, But Fall In Overtime To Las Vegas, - Bakersfield Condors
- 7,745 Fans At Stockton Arena Enjoy Perugini's Fourth Career Shutout - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Clip Condors 6-5 In Overtime - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.