Petiot has three points in 5-3 winFebruary 5, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
The win extended Rockford's season best road point streak to six straight games (5-0-0-1) and helped them keep pace in the wild West Division.
Lake Erie came out in the opening period and dominated the first ten minutes of the contest. Mike Bartlett culminated the solid start when he slipped his fifth goal of the season underneath Corey Crawford at 8:36 for the frame's only goal.
Richard Petiot tied it for Rockford in the second period. The d-man picked up a face off win from Bracken Kearns after a Lake Erie icing and blasted his third goal of the season over the glove of Tyler Weiman at 4:30.
Later in the period the Monsters converted on their third power-play chance of the night. Camped out in front of Crawford, Randy Rowe redirected a Tom Preissing slapper from the point and in at 11:18 giving Lake Erie the 2-1 advantage.
But Bryan Bickell and the IceHogs responded just 24 seconds later to tie the game at two. Kyle Greentree led Bickell on a two-on-two rush and Bickell knocked his 11th goal of the year into an open Lake Erie goal at 11:42.
Rockford grabbed their first lead of the night in the third period. Petiot knocked down a Lake Erie clear out pass and found Greentree streaking to the net and the IceHogs leading goal scorer snuck his 19th goal of the season past Weiman three minutes into the third.
Rowe countered with his second marker of the night for the Monsters at 7:56 tying the game once again. Brian Willsie dug the puck out from behind the IceHogs goal and fed it on the wing to Rowe who slipped his second of the season past Crawford.
Matt Keith would put Rockford up for good at 12:57 of the final period while Rockford skated on the power play. Pete MacArthur found Keith in the slot and winger sniped his 11th goal of the season just over the right should of Weiman for the eventual game winner.
Danny Bois would seal it for Rockford when he fired home an empty-net shorthanded tally at 19:43.
Petiot finished the night with a season best three points (1g-2a) and Rockford remained perfect at the Quicken Loans Arena, now 5-0-0-0 there all-time. They'll be back there Saturday for the back-end of two straight against the Monsters.
Crawford faced 26 shots and blocked 23 of them to earn his 13th win of the campaign. Weiman saw 22 Rockford shots and made 18 saves in the loss.
Next Home Game: Saturday, Feb. 13 vs. Milwaukee Admirals. Game time is 7:05 p.m. The first 2,500 fans to the MetroCentre will pick up a Mr. Potato Head courtesy of Frito Lay and Q98.5. For tickets call (815) 968-5222, on-line at www.metrocentre.com or in person at the MetroCentre Box Office or Hog Headquarters inside Cherryvale Mall.
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2010
- Rockford pulls away for win in third period - Lake Erie Monsters
- Houston sunk by Admirals in 5-3 loss - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Down Aeros - Milwaukee Admirals
- Porter lifts Rampage past Moose 5-4 in OT - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Double-Up First Place Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- O'Marra's OT Goal Lifts Falcons To 3-2 Win - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons clip Sound Tigers in overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars fall to Peoria - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs earn sixth win in a row - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose suffer 5-4 overtime loss - Manitoba Moose
- Petiot has three points in 5-3 win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens blast Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals on Cloud Nine After Overtime Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Topple Toronto, 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- Adirondack Dethrones Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Spooked Monarchs Drop To Second - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Pummel Penguins to Win Fifth in a Row - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Look Sexy in First Place After 3-0 Win Over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Aeros add goalie to thinning roster - Houston Aeros
- Enroth Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- Canadiens Recall David Desharnais, Brock Trotter And Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At B'Ville Diner to Help Multiple Sclerosis Awareness - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Admirals Announce Game Time Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Announce Time Change To March 21 Game - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs "Pink In The Rink" Night On February 13 At Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice' - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins' Kolosov To Play In Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Recalls Maxime Lacroix From Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Raises $41,500 At Tip-A-Player Dinner - Connecticut Whale
- 'Canes Recall Justin Peters & Zach Boychuk From Albany - Albany River Rats
- River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday - Albany River Rats
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - - Springfield Falcons
- Moose To Wear East St. Paul Aces Jersey To Celebrate "Hockey Night In Manitoba" - Manitoba Moose
- Game Night: Amerks Take On 'Dogs At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits -- 2/5/10 - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Chris Holt And Forward Tim Spencer To Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign D Jamie Fritsch To Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Re-Sign Caruana - Portland Pirates
- Kirk Gibson Highlights Griffins' Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Cool Off Heat, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Slip Past Heat - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.