Kellan Lutz Cancels Second AppearanceJanuary 8, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Peoria Rivermen
Lutz, who plays Emmett Cullen in the recently released The Twilight Saga: New Moon, was originally scheduled to appear and sign autographs at the Rivermen game on Oct. 24. He canceled his appearance the previous day and the Rivermen were able to fill the slot with fellow Twilight star Chaske Spencer.
"We are extremely disappointed that we have to let down our fans, and fans of the Twilight movie series, in Central Illinois," said Morin. "We had a signed agreement with Kellan in October and again for January 23rd and both times he decided not to honor the contract. We exhausted every possibility to find a replacement (from Twilight) but were unable to do so; so we have decided to let the fans decide their own replacement."
All fans with tickets for the game on Jan. 23 can exchange them at the Peoria Civic Center box office for a ticket to any regular season game. There are still many great nights left on the Rivermen promotional calendar including appearances by Justin Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place (Jan. 16) and Nathan Kress from iCarly (Feb. 13). Free food night will be held on Mar. 6 when all fans in attendance will receive two hot dogs, a pretzel and a soda for free.
For a complete list of the upcoming Rivermen promotions click HERE.
The Rivermen are home tonight against the Toronto Marlies at 7 p.m. and again on Sunday at 3 p.m. against the Milwaukee Admirals. Sunday will be another Comcast/Journal Star/Fun on the Run/Coke Family day. All kids tickets are just $1 and hot dogs, chips and cokes will be available for just $1 from 2-3p.m. For tickets call (309) 676-1040 or visit www.rivermen.net/tickets.
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2010
- Providence Holds Off Adirondack 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- P-Bruins Defeat Phantoms 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Texas falls in Abbotsford - Texas Stars
- Houston Aeros Score Three In Third To Defeat Rockford 5-3 - Houston Aeros
- Wamsley Picks Up First Win in Power-Play Clinic - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons Lose To Sound Tigers 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Moose fed their first shootout loss in Hershey's hyped return - Manitoba Moose
- Peters, Peters, Monarchs Eaters - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Dogs munch Monsters 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers hold off Falcons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack defeat Sharks - Connecticut Whale
- Goaltender Justin Peters Perfect In Shootout - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Attack Crunched by Lalande - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks win streak ends at six, fall to Wolf Pack 5-2 - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens win 4-3 over Portland - Binghamton Senators
- Moose show Olympic spirit on 'Go Canada Night' January 16th - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins double up Amerks; drop fourth straight - Rochester Americans
- Senators Slip Past the Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Kellan Lutz Cancels Second Appearance - Peoria Rivermen
- Coyotes re-assign Porter to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Recall Evan Oberg - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Sign Jimmy Sharrow To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- O'Reilly, Santorelli Switch Places - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Host Griffins At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Ottawa Senators Recall Forwards Zack Smith And Martin St. Pierre From Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Recalls Warren Peters From Texas - Texas Stars
- San Jose Sharks Recall Forward John McCarthy From Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Whitfield Recalled By Boston, Marquardt Returns From Reading - Providence Bruins
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Andy Chiodo To Elmira; Sign Forward Max Gratchev - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Set To Host Sound Tigers Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Calgary Flames Flames Recall Jamie Lundmark From Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.