Wolf Pack Sign Forward Daniel Tkaczuk To PTOJanuary 6, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Connecticut Whale
Tkaczuk, who is in his eleventh season of pro hockey, has seen AHL action this season with the Syracuse Crunch (three games, no points, two penalty minutes) and Rochester Americans (seven games, two assists, four PIM). The 30-year-old Toronto native has also played 12 games with the Wolf Pack's ECHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers, and is tied for fourth on the Checkers' club in assists and tied for fifth in points, with six goals and 12 assists for 18 points.
The 6-1, 189-pound Tkaczuk has spent the last six seasons in Europe, and skated the last two years for the Duisburg Foxes in Germany's top league, the DEL. In 37 games last year with the Foxes, he scored three goals and added eight assists for 11 points and served 34 minutes in penalties.
Tkaczuk was the sixth overall pick in the 1997 NHL Draft by the Calgary Flames, out of the Ontario Hockey League. He was an AHL All-Rookie selection in 1999-2000 with the Saint John Flames, when he tied for the Flames' team lead in points, and finished second on the club in goals and assists, with 25-41-66 in 80 games. Tkaczuk won a Calder Cup with Saint John the next season, 2000-01, tying for second on the team in playoff goals and posting the third-most playoff points on the squad, with 10-9-19 in 14 postseason contests. He also logged the only NHL action of his career that year, skating in 19 games with Calgary and registering four goals and seven assists for 11 points.
In 284 career AHL games with Saint John, the Worcester IceCats, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Syracuse and Rochester, Tkaczuk has totaled 59 goals and 109 assists for 168 points, along with 191 penalty minutes.
American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2010
- Texas Stars Come From Behind In 3-2 OT Win Over Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Vishnevskiy Leads Stars Past Aeros 3-2 In Overtime - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs Tame Wolves With 3-1 Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Legein Lifts Phantoms To 4-3 OT Win In Albany - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins' Rally Falls Short In 3-2 Loss To San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Hit The Marc, Win 2-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage Holds On To Early Lead For 3-2 Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Earn Come-From-Behind Overtime Win - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Lose Dogfight 3-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Lose Heartbreaker 3-2 - Connecticut Whale
- Devils Shock Wolf Pack 3-2 - Albany Devils
- Falcons Come Up Short In Manchester - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Hold on For 5-4 Victory Over Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- A Letter From The President - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Announce Schedule Change - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Return Home Thursday, Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Announce Schedule Change - Providence Bruins
- Ben Bishop Named WPC Player Of The Month - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Announce Details Of Taco Bell Night At The Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Knighthawks Announce Three-Year Marketing Partnership With Seneca Gaming Corporation - Rochester Americans
- Martinez Gets The Call From LA - Manchester Monarchs
- 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic To Be Televised To More Than 100 Million Households - AHL
- Griffins Alum Brian Lashoff Wins Gold With Team USA At World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Recall Forward Keegan Dansereau From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Sled Hockey Team To Host First Tournament This Weekend - San Antonio Rampage
- Minnesota Wild Recalls LW Robbie Earl - Houston Aeros
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Daniel Tkaczuk To PTO - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits -- 1/6/10 - AHL
- LaCouture Released By P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Sharp To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- River Rats Sign Albany Native Marc Cavosie To PTO - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Sign Two Players To Tryout Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Welcome Rampage For Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weiman's Strong Performance Not Enough In Shootout Loss - Lake Erie Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.