Olympiques Race Past MaineiacsDecember 31, 2009 - Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) - Lewiston MAINEiacs Press Release
Gatineau scored two first period power play goals to take a 2-0 lead into the first intermisson. The MAINEiacs got on the board at 1:43 of the second period. Defenseman Samuel Finn directed a shot toward the net, which was tipped by Stefan Fournier past Gatineau goaltender Maxime Clermont.
McGinn would set up the next three Gatineau goals, before scoring one of his own at 8:09 of the third period. McGinn tied the Gatineau franchise record with five assists in a game. He joins current NHL players David Krejci, Claude Giroux, and the Portland Pirates' Paul Byron on the list of former Olympiques players who finished a game with five assists.
The Olympiques scored four power play goals in the game. Rookie goaltender Tyler Piercy takes the loss in net, while Maxime Clermont made 30 saves en route to the win.
The MAINEiacs play host to division rival Shawinigan Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. Tickets may be purchased at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee box office. The box office will be closed on Friday for New Year's Day, but will reopen at noon on Saturday.
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2009
- 'Cats Lose To Seas Dogs In Shootout 4-3 - Moncton Wildcats
- Sea Dogs Earn 4-3 Comeback Win In Moncton - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Maineiacs Acquire Critchlow And Tanguy In Trade - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Olympiques Race Past Maineiacs - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Trade Between Acadie-Bathurst And Lewiston - QMJHL
- Today's Maineiacs Game Scheduled For 2:00 P.M. - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Wildcats Alumni Headed To Olympics - Moncton Wildcats
- Cats Coffee Talk - Moncton Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.