Wheat Kings Pound BladesDecember 3, 2009 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Brandon Wheat Kings Press Release
The line of Aaron Lewadniuk, Toni Rajala and Jay Fehr combined for seven points as the Wheat Kings improved their record to 18-11-0-2 and moved to within five points of the first place Blades in the WHL's Eastern Division.
Lewadniuk led the way with a goal and two assists while Fehr and Rajala added a goal and an assist east for the Wheat Kings, who outshot the Blades 50-32.
Matt Calvert with two, Colby Robak and Brodie Melnychuk also scored for the winners, who led 2-0 and 3-2 at the period breaks.
Wednesday's game marked the return of defenceman Mark Schneider and right-winger Mark Stone to the Brandon lineup. While Schneider had missed the past two games with a stiff neck, Stone had been sidelined for 69 days and 27 games since breaking his thumb in the Wheat Kings' home opener on September 25th.
Stone had 17 goals and 39 points as a 16-year old rookie in 2008-09.
In other injury news, the prognosis on rookie defenceman Dallas Ehrhardt is not so good. Ehrhardt has been diagnosed with a torn MCL in his right knee, which should sideline him for 6-8 weeks.
The Wheat Kings, who don't play at home again until Teddy Bear Toss Night on Friday, December 11th against Kelowna, will now hit the road for three straight games beginning Friday night in Prince Albert against the Raiders.
Western Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2009
- Teddy Bear Toss On Saturday - Vancouver Giants
- T-Birds And Partners To Raise Funds For Lakewood Police Independent - Seattle Thunderbirds
- WHL This Week: Looking Ahead... - WHL
- Hurricanes Holiday Package - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Chiefs Put Their Numbers On The Line - Spokane Chiefs
- Chiefs Play Two U.S. Division Opponents This Weekend - Spokane Chiefs
- Oil Kings Hosting Toyota Teddy Bear Toss - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Harold Mann To Drop Puck On Campbell's Game Night Friday - Prince George Cougars
- Toque And Teddy Bear Toss Night - Regina Pats
- Free Tickets To World Junior Action In Regina - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Wheat Kings Pound Blades - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets Defeat Everett - Kelowna Rockets
- Calgary Hitmen Outscore Prince George Cougars 6-5 - Calgary Hitmen
- Kelowna Defeats Everett, 6-2 - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.