T.J. Fox Promoted To AHLNovember 19, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Wheeling Nailers
Fox, 25, has posted 11 points (3-8-11) in 10 games with the Nailers, tying him for second on the team at the time of his recall.
The 6'1", 197-lb. native of Oswego, New York spent the last two seasons with the Worcester Sharks (AHL), posting 18 points (7-11-18) in 79 regular-season games last year and 24 points (12-12-24) in 71 games of his rookie campaign.
Fox attended Union College (ECAC) in the two seasons prior to turning pro. He led the Dutchmen with 37 points in 36 games in 2006-07, tying the Union Division I single-season points record set in the 2002-03 season. He became the first Union player to record 20+ assists since the 2002-03 season, and ranked fifth in the ECAC in overall scoring with 13 goals and 24 assists.
T.J. Fox is the fourth Wheeling Nailer called up to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton joining Lane Caffaro, Joey Haddad and Alex Grant.
The Wheeling Nailers next action is this weekend with a pair of games Friday and Saturday nights at the Elmira Jackals. The Nailers next home game is Wednesday, November 25th against the Florida Everblades with 2-for-1 ticket offers courtesy of WesBanco, $1 beer night and West Virginia University Appreciation Night. Call the Nailers for info at 304-234-GOAL.
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2009
- Caruana Called Up To AHL Portland - Gwinnett Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Add OHL 50-Goal Scorer Parnham; Re-Sign Brooks - Utah Grizzlies
- Los Angeles' Quick Named MeiGray ECHL Alumnus Of The Month - ECHL
- Cyclones Claim Matt Robinson Off Waivers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Florida's Zanon Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Toledo Adds Two Players Assigned From The American Hockey League - Toledo Walleye
- Ganzak Gets Called Up To WBS - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder ''Dinner And Game'' Partnership Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Players to Sign Autographs at Lucas County Arena Swamp Shop on Saturday - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Power Hour Tonight - Wheeling Nailers
- T.J. Fox Promoted To AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Salmon Kings Knock Off Steelheads - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Royals Knock Off Everblades, 5-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.