Hogs Seek Vengeance As Stars Return, Bickell RecalledNovember 18, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
Rockford (8-9-1-1 - 18 points) gets its second shot at the American Hockey League-leading Texas Stars (12-2-2-2 - 28 pts) tonight when the teams drop the puck at 7:05 tonight at the Rockford MetroCentre.
Tonight is a Golden Goal Wednesday, so if the Hogs score a goal with 9:10 left on the clock in the third period, one lucky fan will score $10,000. It is also WXRX Student Rush Night, so all high school and college students with a valid student ID can buy the best available seat for just $10 at the MetroCentre Box Office after 6 p.m.
Tickets are available at metrocentre.com, by calling (815) 968-5222 or by stopping by the MetroCentre Box Office or Hog Headquarters at Cherryvale Mall.
The game can be heard on 1330 WNTA AM, ESPN 1380 and at wnta.com. It can be seen on Rockford Comcast Channel 57, and all this season's games can be seen live on AHL Live.
The first Rockford-Texas bout went to the Stars last Friday, in a physical 4-0 decision that was up in the air until Texas pulled away in the middle of the third period.
Missed opportunities spelled the Hogs' demise Friday night. That was not the case Saturday night as Rockford jumped all over Abbotsford in front of a season-high 4,892 fans at the Big Orange Box, scoring three goals in the first 185 seconds. The Heat got within a goal at 4-3 entering the third, but Akim Aliu scored 2:05 into the final period and Nathan Davis added his team-leading seventh marker just over four minutes later.
When the Hogs take the ice tonight, they'll be playing Game 3 of a six-game homestand, the club's second-longest such stretch this season. The Hogs don't hit the road until they travel to Grand Rapids on Friday, Nov. 27.
Tonight's matchup with the Stars is the second of eight meetings this season. Texas hasn't lost a game in regulation in nearly a month, over a span of 11 games dating back to a 4-0 loss to Lake Erie on Oct. 20.
The Stars have, however, lost two of their last four in overtime. After falling at home to Chicago, 4-3 in the extra session on Saturday, Texas won 2-0 in San Antonio on Sunday behind a 44-save shutout by goalie Brent Krahn.
Next Home Game: Friday, Nov. 20 vs. Chicago Wolves. The game starts at 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs are going green, literally. As a part of the IceHogs green initiative in 2009-10, the team will wear special green jerseys when they take on the Wolves. The game is sponsored by No Idle Zone. The jerseys will be raffled off on Friday night and all fans in attendance can register to win! The first 2,000 fans to the game will also receive a green T-shirt replicating the special jerseys worn by the IceHogs.
BLACKHAWKS RECALL BICKELL FROM ROCKFORD
Chicago, Ill.-The Chicago Blackhawks have recalled left wing Bryan Bickell from the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Bickell, 23, has recorded a +2 plus/minus rating in three games with the Blackhawks this season. He also recorded four penalty minutes in three preseason games with the Blackhawks in North America before dishing out an assist in the team's 9-2 win over HC Davos in Zurich, Switzerland on September 28. Overall, Bickell has notched two goals in 10 career regular-season games with the Blackhawks over parts of three seasons (2006-07; 2007-08 and 2009-10).
The Orono, Ontario, native has collected four goals, seven points and 26 penalty minutes in 16 AHL tilts with Rockford this season. Chicago's third choice, 41st overall, in the 2004 National Hockey League Entry Draft, Bickell has appeared in 179 career AHL regular-season contests with the Norfolk Admirals (2006-07) and IceHogs (2007-09) since turning pro in 2006, registering 39 goals, 46 assists, 85 points and 204 penalty minutes.
Bickell ranks third on Rockford's all-time AHL game's list with 131 career games with the IceHogs and seventh on the IceHogs all-time AHL scoring list notching 60 points.
Next Home Game: Wednesday, Nov. 18 vs. Texas Stars. The puck is set to drop at 7:05 p.m. It's a Golden Goal Wednesday, so if the IceHogs score a goal with 9:10 left on the clock in the third period, one lucky fan will win $10,000. It is also WXRX Student Rush night, and all high school and college students with a valid student ID can purchase the best available seat for just $10 at the MetroCentre's box office up to one hour before the game.
American Hockey League Stories from November 18, 2009
- Hogs Strike First, But Stars Shine In 3-1 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Aeros Defeat Peoria 1-0 - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Rally For 4-3 Win, Move Into Third Place - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Spoil Captain Bagnall's Debut - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Recap: Aeros Steal 1-0 Win Away From Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolf Pack Toppled in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- Texas Takes Down Rockford 3-1 - Texas Stars
- Devils Stunned By Falcons, 4-3 - Albany Devils
- Red Hot Ryan Keller Leads B-Sens To 2-1 Shootout Victory Over Hartford - Binghamton Senators
- Backlund Blanks Marlies In Glens Falls 2-0 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Pirates Outlast Sharks 5-3 - Worcester Sharks
- Rats Crunch Syracuse 5-2 - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Claw Past Monarchs In Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- Mancari Scores Twice To Lead Pirates To Win - Portland Pirates
- Crunch Go Down in Capital City - Syracuse Crunch
- Three New Members Join Front Office Team - Peoria Rivermen
- Amerks Also Mean 'Business' Off The Ice - Rochester Americans
- Hogs Seek Vengeance As Stars Return, Bickell Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks And Zweigle's Partner For A 'Hot Dog' Of A Deal - Rochester Americans
- Worcester Sharks Host Annual "Hat & Mittens Holiday Skate With The Sharks" Sunday - Worcester Sharks
- Extremely Limited Number Of Tickets Remain For Friday's Game - Binghamton Senators
- Houston Aeros 2nd Annual Chilly's Pet Pals Game Sunday - Houston Aeros
- Anaheim Reassigns Beleskey, Bodie & Festerling To Toronto - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Sign Left Wing Bates Battaglia - Syracuse Crunch
- Hurricanes Recall Justin Peters From Albany - Albany River Rats
- Rivermen Sign Matt Stefanishion To PTO - Peoria Rivermen
- Minnesota Wild Recalls RW Danny Irmen - Houston Aeros
- Feast On This: Wolves Food Drive Fights Hunger - Chicago Wolves
- CJ's House Of Bounce Named Official Al's Pals Kids Club Party Zone - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Mathieu Carle To The Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- NHL First Round Draft Pick Assigned To Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- It's Peanut Butter - Jelly Time - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Set To Host The Devils Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Bounce Bulldogs 4-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Bulldogs Can't Handle The Heat In 4-1 Loss - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.