Cyclones Attendance Sets Record, Average Leads LeagueNovember 17, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Cincinnati Cyclones
The 8944 is the largest regular season weekday attendance in the ECHL in at least ten years. The biggest weekday attendance in 2008-09 was 8115 for Stockton at Ontario on March 18, 2009. The biggest during the three seasons (2006-07 to present) that the Cyclones have returned to ECHL play was 8661 set when Las Vegas visited Bakersfield on November 14, 2007.
The Cyclones hold the ECHL record for weekday postseason attendance, having brought in 12,722 for game six of the Kelly Cup Finals (June 5, 2008), a 3-1 win over Las Vegas to capture the Kelly Cup.
The Cyclones have already attracted (26,610) through the first four home dates of the season for an average of 6653, which passes second place Stockton (6240). It is the first time the club has ever been in the lead of the ECHL standings for average attendance.
The last time a regular season weekday crowd surpassed 8900 fans at U.S. Bank Arena was for an IHL Cyclones game against Cleveland on Monday, December 29, 1997. A crowd of 9211 showed up for the 5-2 Cincinnati victory.
At this moment, the Cyclones ranks fourth in all of North American minor pro hockey in average attendance (6653). Hershey (AHL) leads the way at 9097, while Fort Wayne (IHL) sits second at 8715 and Manitoba (AHL) holds third at 6758.
The Cyclones host Trenton again tomorrow night (Wednesday, November 18) at 7:30pm for a Wet Wednesday with selected domestic beers and City Barbeque pulled pork sandwiches priced at one dollar each.
Tickets for the 2009-10 Cincinnati Cyclones season are now on sale. The Cyclones Sales Department can be reached at 513-421-PUCK, extension 3. Selected Friday night games are carried on 1530-AM Homer, while all 72 regular season games can be heard on the club's website at: www.cycloneshockey.com. The next 1530 Homer game is on Friday, November 20 at Toledo.
ECHL Stories from November 17, 2009
- Bakersfield Condors Vs. Ontario Wednesday Morning - Bakersfield Condors
- Home Games Friday, Saturday And Sunday With Great Promos And Giveaways - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings' Keetley Named ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Everblades Trade Beljo's Rights to Utah for Matt Caria - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Acquire Jadran Beljo From Florida - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- - Utah Grizzlies
- Victoria's Keetley Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Elmira's Donati Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Justin Donati Named ECHL Player Of The Week - Elmira Jackals
- Arsene Becomes 419th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Gwinnett's Sullivan Suspended One Game - ECHL
- Walleye Add Goaltender Billy Sauer - Toledo Walleye
- MacAulay And Young Earn AHL Call-Ups - Stockton Thunder
- Cyclones Strike Early In 3-1 Win Over Trenton - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Attendance Sets Record, Average Leads League - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Three Wranglers To San Antonio - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Chiefs Deal Bushee To Wheeling - Johnstown Chiefs
- Stingrays Goaltender Holtby Recalled To Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Nailers Acquire Kyle Bushee - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.