Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Forward Maxime LacroixOctober 2, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hamilton Bulldogs
Lacroix, 22, played last season with the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL where he won the Kelly Cup Championship with the club. In 63 regular season games, the native of Quebec City, Quebec recorded 64 points (33 goals, 31 assists along with 86 penalty minutes. The 6-foot, 190-pound left winger led the ECHL in playoff goals with 13 while recording 18 points (13 goals, five assists) and 37 penalty minutes in 23 post-season games. The Washington Capitals 5th round, 127th overall draft pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft also played in six games for the Hershey Bears last season recording one assist and seven penalty minutes.
Busto, Petit and Mayer were with the 'Dogs for training camp in Edinburgh, Scotland where the club captured the Gardiner Cup Championship after defeating the Toronto Marlies in the finals of the four-team tournament that also featured the Belfast Giants and Edinburgh Capitals from the UK Elite League. Petit is under contract to the Cincinnati Cyclones for the upcoming season.
The Bulldogs open their 14th season in the AHL on Sunday, October 4th when they visit Ricoh Coliseum at 4:00 p.m. to battle the Toronto Marlies. Fans can listen to every 'Dogs game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, TALK 820. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'AHL Live' or 'TALK 820' icons on the Bulldogs website.
Tickets for all Hamilton Bulldogs home games (with the exception of the November 8th and February 21st games at Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec) are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. For more information on 'Dogs season tickets, flex packs, mini packs and group tickets call 905-529-8500 or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
American Hockey League Stories from October 2, 2009
- Rampage Defeat Texas 3-2 in Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Aeros Fall to Moose 4-3 On Opening Night - Houston Aeros
- Texas Edged By San Antonio In Season Opener 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Aeros Announce 1070 KNTH As Flagship Station - Houston Aeros
- Moose name captain, assistant captains for 09-10 - Manitoba Moose
- Sharks Recall Forward Frazer McLaren and Reassign Jamie McGinn - Worcester Sharks
- Flyers Send Teslak Back To Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- H-E-B Partners With Vipers To Create Pep Band - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Forward Maxime Lacroix - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Announce 2009-10 Opening Day Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins' 14th Season Starts Saturday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Finalize Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Sign Four, Release Two in Preparation for Tomorrow's Season Opener - Norfolk Admirals
- Follow the Crunch on Twitter for a Chance to Win a VIP Meet and Greet with Ralph Macchio - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Name Team Captains For 09-10 Season - Springfield Falcons
- AHL's 74th season set to begin tonight - AHL
- Amerks And The Distillery To Whet Fans' Appetites For Food And Hockey - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Re-Launch Website - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Add Toughness with Veteran Mitch Fritz - Norfolk Admirals
- Texas Announces Opening Day Roster - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce Opening Night Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears announce opening night roster - Hershey Bears
- Worcester Sharks Announce Opening Night Roster - Worcester Sharks
- Marlies Invite All To Experience Canada's Game - Toronto Marlies
- Sound Tigers Set Opening Night Roster - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.