Jackalopes Sending Pierce to Bridgeport's CampSeptember 23, 2009 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Odessa Jackalopes
The 25-year-old Pierce put together an impressive rookie campaign for the Jackalopes last season with 66 points (22 goals, 44 assists) in 64 games - making him a finalist for the CHL's Rookie of the Year Award. Pierce was also named to the league's All-Rookie Team alongside Toivonen.
Before turning pro, the Michigan native was a four-year player at Western Michigan University and graduated in 2008.
Pierce will be the fifth member of the Jackalopes, from last season, to attend AHL camp this month. Fellow teammates Juha Toivonen (YOO-hah TOY-vuh-nin), Jean Bourbeau (bor-BOH), Mike Lesperance (LES-per-ahns), and Garrett Gruenke (GREEN-kee) are also attending. Toivonen and Bourbeau are on two-way contracts with the Sound Tigers.
Sound Tigers training camp begins today in Bridgeport, CT.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 13th season on October 16th against the Corpus Christ IceRays. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Central Hockey League Stories from September 23, 2009
- Sundogs Donate $3,000 and School Supplies to Local School Districts - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Introduce Flex Packs and Vouchers - Missouri Mavericks
- Lightning's Stars in Tonight's Lineup - Colorado Eagles
- Sundogs Single Game Tickets On Sale this Friday at 10am - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Sending Pierce to Bridgeport's Camp - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Bring Back Looby - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.