Grizzlies Assistant Coach Jeff Dwyer DepartsAugust 20, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Utah Grizzlies
"We are very grateful to have had Jeff on our hockey operations staff this past season," said Colley. "He put in countless hours breaking down video, working with our young prospects, organizing team travel and handling all of our hockey paperwork. He has a bright coaching career ahead of him and had a great opportunity present itself that will be announced soon I am sure."
Dwyer, currently 28, retired as a player on September 10, 2008 to join the Grizzlies coaching staff after serving as an Assistant Captain and playing 56 games with Utah in 2007-2008 to cap off his professional career.
"We were proud to give Jeff the start to his coaching career after he retired as a Grizzlies defenseman," said Grizzlies CEO Kevin Bruder. "It was a rare occasion to come to the arena and not see Jeff here this past season and that work ethic will take him far as will his passion and detailed knowledge of the sport of hockey."
The Grizzlies open the 2008-2009 season Friday, October 16 in Las Vegas. The home opening weekend is Friday and Saturday, October 23 and 24 when the Grizzlies will host Idaho.
ECHL Stories from August 20, 2009
- Grizzlies Assistant Coach Jeff Dwyer Departs - Utah Grizzlies
- Blackwater Returns, Davey Agrees To Terms - Stockton Thunder
- MeiGray Auctions Johnstown Game-Worn Jerseys - Johnstown Chiefs
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Brian O'Hanley - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Re-sign Berge - South Carolina Stingrays
- Germain Resigns With Ontario - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.