Kinston's Eric Berger is the Carolina League Pitcher of the WeekJuly 27, 2009 - Carolina League (CarL) - Kinston Indians
Berger (7-7, 2.29 ERA) has the lowest ERA among active pitchers in the Carolina League. The University of Arizona product also leads the CL with 98 strikeouts. His 106 1/3 innings pitched are the fourth most in the Carolina League this season.
Berger also won the Pitcher of the Week award in the last week of April. Kinston pitcher Kelvin De La Cruz is the only other K-Tribe pitcher to grab the Pitcher of the Week award this season.
Berger was born in Goldsboro, NC when his father was stationed at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. Berger moved to California when he was two-years-old.
There are just 17 more home games left in the 2009 season. Kinston returns home to Historic Grainger Stadium August 3rd - 9th! Reserved seat tickets are just $4 for students, seniors and the military. G.A. for the general public is just $5, reserved seats are $6. Parking is always free at Historic Grainger Stadium. For a schedule or to purchase and print your tickets on-line go to the K-Tribe's Official Website at www.kinstonindians.com or call the front office at 1-800-334-5467.
Carolina League Stories from July 27, 2009
- Lopsided opener goes to Potomac - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Rizzo's three-run jack not enough as Sox fall 4-3 - Salem Red Sox
- Rocks halt Hillcat offense - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- P-Nats dish out pummeling of Pelicans - Potomac Nationals
- Blue Rocks top Cats in pitchers' duel - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Britton Befuddles Salem - Frederick Keys
- One-run woes continue as K-Tribe falls, 3-2 - Kinston Indians
- Dash continue mastery of Indians, take opener - Winston-Salem Dash
- Pelicans Game Notes for July 27 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Kinston's Eric Berger is the Carolina League Pitcher of the Week - Kinston Indians
- Hillcats at Blue Rocks Tonight - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Nelson Named Player of the Week - Potomac Nationals
- Potomac Nationals Game Notes - Potomac Nationals
- Sounds' Dillard Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Moustakas' Mash Highlights 5-4 Win - Wilmington Blue Rocks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.