Bass, Zadawski take Padres' June awardsJuly 10, 2009 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
Bass, 21, made five starts in June, going 4-0 with a 0.62 ERA (2 ER/29 IP) and 23 strikeouts. He also fired a scoreless 2nd inning at the Midwest League All-Star Game to pick up the win. Bass was a 5th-round selection in the 2008 draft out of Wayne State (MI) University.
Zawadzki, 24, hit .381 (37-for-97) with nine doubles, three home runs, 20 RBIs, 21 runs scored and 17 walks in 27 games for Double-A San Antonio, including a six-hit performance June 20th. Zawadzki played for Fort Wayne in 2008, hitting .273 with seven home runs and 58 RBIs in 119 games.
The TinCaps, winners of nine straight games, return to Parkview Field on Wednesday for a six-game homestand against the Clinton LumberKings (Class-A Seattle Mariners) and Quad Cities River Bandits (Class-A St. Louis Cardinals). They currently have the best record in all of full-season professional baseball at 58-26.
Midwest League Stories from July 10, 2009
- Tincaps Complete Sweep of Kernels, 5-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Big Crowd Sees Bush and Rattlers Win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Tippett Stops Streak - Beloit Snappers
- Kings' Snap Skid in Shutout Fashion - Clinton LumberKings
- Chiefs Fall 7-6 Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Fall in Clinton 6-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Nip Bees, Win 2nd Set in Row - Kane County Cougars
- Hawks Streak Snapped at Three - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Hart gets the start in Peoria Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Welcome to the rotation, Mr. Lee - Kane County Cougars
- Bass, Zadawski take Padres' June awards - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Autism Awareness Night Rescheduled for July 23rd - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Stevens Becomes 34th Former Dragon to Reach Majors - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday June 10th - Dayton Dragons
- Politically Minded Bandits to Settle Mayoral Controversy - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Timber Rattlers Make Front Office Moves - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Whitecaps First Home Playoff Date Announced - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bandits Steal Twinbill in 21 Total Innings - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bandits Walk-Off In Extras Twice - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.