Kloess signed by White SoxJune 18, 2009 - Frontier League (FL) Windy City ThunderBolts
Kloess went 0-1 in three games with Windy City with a 4.82 ERA. In two relief appearances, he went 0-0 with a 1.59 ERA.
"Brandon is a good young man who has several special pitches and will do very well in affiliated ball," said ThunderBolts manager Tommy Thompson. "It's good to someone give him a chance. It's also great for the ThunderBolts to be able to show players that we can get guys signed. It makes them want to play here more."
Kloess signed with Windy City after finishing a four year career at Florida Atlantic University. His best season at FAU came in 2005 when he went 8-2 in 18 games (nine starts) with a 4.17 ERA.
Taking Kloess place on the roster is pitcher Justin Fry out of the University of South Carolina at Aiken. The 6'4", 170 RHP was a swingman for the Pacers pitching in 19 games, making seven starts going 4-3 with a 4.61 ERA. In 53.2 innings, he struck out 63 batters. He was a part of a USC-Aiken team that finished with top-ten national ranking in NCAA D-II and reached the Southeast Regional Final.
Windy City welcome in the Southern Illinois Miners for a three game set starting on Thursday night with Stephen Flake (0-2, 5.53) will make the start for the ThunderBolts against Brett Scarpetta (0-0, 1.80) for the Miners. The first 1,000 fans in the ballpark, 21 and older, will receive ThunderBolts pint glasses courtesy of CITY Beverage. It is also a Budweiser Thirsty Thursday with all 12 oz domestic draft beers just $1. For information or tickets, call 708-489-BALL stop by the Standard Bank Stadium ticket office or go to the team's website at www.wcthunderbolts.com.
Frontier League Stories from June 18, 2009
- Otters Lose Third Straight - Evansville Otters
- Windy City Wins Third in a Row - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Kings Edge Freedom - Kalamazoo Kings
- RiverHawks Fall, 6-1 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Brackman Pitches Grizzlies Past 'Hawks - Gateway Grizzlies
- Beach Bums Fall in Slug Fest - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Wild Things Offense Doubles Up Beach Bums 16-8 - Washington Wild Things
- Crushers Demolish Sliders - Lake Erie Crushers
- Kloess signed by White Sox - Windy City ThunderBolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.