Sounds OF Jason Bourgeois Named PCL Player Of The WeekJune 15, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Nashville Sounds
Bourgeois (pronounced "boo-ZHWAH") hit .520 (13-for-25) with two doubles, five RBIs, six runs scored, and four stolen bases in five games.
The outfielder's hot hitting helped Nashville win seven straight games this week and extend their PCL American Northern Division lead to five games over second place Iowa.
The Houston, Texas native is hitting .322 (69-for-214) with eight doubles, three triples, a homer, 24 RBIs, 32 runs scored, and 17 stolen bases in 56 games this year.
Bourgeois has produced multiple-hit efforts in each of his last six contests and is batting .500 (19-for-38) during his season-best eight-game hit streak.
Bourgeois' award is the second accumulated by a Sounds player this season after starting pitcher Lindsay Gulin was named the Pacific Coast League's Pitcher of the Week for the June 1-7 period.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 15, 2009
- Rainiers open series with 11-2 rout of Portland - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds rally late, end skid - Memphis Redbirds
- Raynor's walk-off triple leads Z's past Royals - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Express blanks Sounds, win streak ends at 7 - Nashville Sounds
- Sounds OF Jason Bourgeois Named PCL Player Of The Week - Nashville Sounds
- McDonald Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Mark Ellis Scheduled to Begin Rehab Appearance on Thursday at Raley Field - Sacramento River Cats
- PCL Pitcher and Player of the Week - PCL
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes 6-15-09 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.