PCL Players of the Week, May 18May 18, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Press Release
PCL pitching has been blistered by Fox this season. He currently has a nine-game hitting streak and is leading or in the Top 5 of numerous PCL offensive categories. Fox leads the league in average (.426), home runs (16), RBI (46), on-base percentage (.510), slugging percentage (.959), extra base hits (31), and runs scored (36). He is second in the league in hits with (52) and is tied for third in doubles with (13). The first baseman/outfielder was named the first PCL Player of the Week earlier this season. The 26-year-old was drafted by the Cubs in the third round of the 2003 draft out of the University of Michigan and was converted from catcher following the 2007 season.
Mazzaro, earned his first win after throwing eight scoreless innings against the Albuquerque Isotopes on May 12th. The 22-year old followed Oakland A's pitcher Jesus Santiago's one inning rehab start. He allowed only one hit, a double in the seventh inning by Jamie Hoffman and finished with five strikeouts. The right-hander took the no-decision after getting the start against Round Rock on May 17th. He went 5.2 innings and allowed three hits and one unearned run in a 3-2 win in a game that went 13 innings.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 18, 2009
- Big Eighth Lifts Sky Sox - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Beavers Top Zephyrs In 12 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Alfonzo's 12th Inning Blast Gives Beavers 2-1 Win - Portland Beavers
- Sounds Lose to 51s, 7-5 - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Take Two against Tacoma - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Topes Promo Days - Albuquerque Isotopes
- PCL Players of the Week, May 18 - PCL
- Vince Mazzaro Wins Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week Honors - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees to Celebrate Utah Volunteers Monday Night - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.