Ian Desmond to DL and Adrian Alaniz joins SensApril 26, 2009 - Eastern League (EL) Harrisburg Senators
Desmond has been placed on the disabled list after having had surgery on Thursday to remove his Hamate bone. He is expected to be out four to six weeks. Desmond was batting .346 in seven games with the Senators and had a home run with four runs driven in.
Alaniz joins the Senators from extended spring training. He is expected to join the Sens rotation and make the start on Sunday afternoon in Erie. He was 0-5 with the Senators last season but had a solid 3.97 ERA. This is his third professional season after having been taken in the 8th round of the 2007 draft.
With this player move, the Senators roster is at 24 players active.
Tickets can be purchased online at senatorsbaseball.com or by calling 231-4444. Tickets can also be purchased at the new Little Red Box Office built by Home IN Hand located across from the stables on the Walnut Street Bridge landing. For the most current information about the Senators including their roster, please visit the Senators online.
Eastern League Stories from April 26, 2009
- Aeros Falter Late in 7-6 Loss - Akron Aeros
- Bats Come Alive As Baysox Avoid Sweep - Bowie Baysox
- Portland loses an epic contest, 20-15 to Connecticut! - Portland Sea Dogs
- Tejada Powers B-Mets to 4-3 Win over Fisher Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Defenders Win 20-15 & Series 3-1 - Connecticut Defenders
- Mets rally for 4-3 win over Fisher Cats - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Curve rally for extra inning win - Altoona Curve
- Trenton falls to new Britain 11-3 - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Notes - Akron Aeros
- Ian Desmond to DL and Adrian Alaniz joins Sens - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.