Wolf Pack Recall Goaltender Maxime Daigneault from CharlotteMarch 10, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Connecticut Whale
Daigneault has appeared in one game this year for the Wolf Pack, logging 38:40 of relief duty February 8 in Lowell. He allowed two goals on 21 shots in that contest and absorbed the loss in a 5-3 defeat. In 23 games with Charlotte, Daigneault is 11-10-1, with a 3.29 goals-against average and an 89.8% save percentage, and is 10-4-1 in his last 15 decisions.
The 25-year-old, 6-3, 203-pound Daigneault signed an AHL contract with the Wolf Pack prior to the start of this season. He split last season between the Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL and the Cincinnati Cyclones, with whom he won an ECHL championship. Daigneault was 4-5-0 in nine games with Milwaukee, with a 2.53 GAA and a 90.9% save percentage. Two of his four wins were by shutout. In 14 games with Cincinnati, the St.-Jacques-le-Minuer, Quebec native compiled an 11-3-0 record, a 2.62 GAA and a 90.5% save percentage, with one shutout.
A second-round draft pick (59th overall) by the Washington Capitals in 2002 out of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Daigneault has appeared in 57 career AHL games, with the Wolf Pack, Portland, Hershey and Milwaukee. The fifth-year pro's overall AHL record is 30-15-3, with a 2.65 GAA, a 90.9% save percentage and five shutouts.
The Wolf Pack return to action this Friday night, March 13, as they travel to Worcester to take on the Sharks in a 7:05 game (96.5 HD2, www.hartfordwolfpack.com, www.wtic.com, www.ahllive.com). The Pack's next home action is this Saturday night, March 14, a GEICO Connecticut Cup tussle with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (7:00).
Adult tickets for Wolf Pack home games can be purchased for as low as $10 each for the rest of the regular season, sponsored by Click It or Ticket. Pack tickets are available at the XL Center box office and all Ticketmaster locations, including Macy's at the Buckland Hills Mall and at the Westfarms Mall. Tickets may also be charged by phone at 1-800-745-3000., and on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
Information on all of the Wolf Pack's ticketing options, including full-season, coupon books and group discounts, is available at www.hartfordwolfpack.com, and by contacting the Wolf Pack Ticket Office at (860) 548-2000.
American Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2009
- Aeros tally three unanswered to earn 3-1 victory over Quad City - Houston Aeros
- Aeros snap Flames winning streak - Abbotsford Heat
- Devils Jolted By Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Albany Devils
- Lessard's late goal gives Sound Tigers 2-1 win over Lowell - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Beat Pirates 3-1 - Portland Pirates
- iCarly Star JENNETTE McCURDY to sign autographs at Sharks game on Sunday presented by Irving Oil! - Worcester Sharks
- San Jose Sharks recall defenseman Derek Jolsin from Worchester - Worcester Sharks
- MacIntyre Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Marlies Add Three Players to Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Wolf Pack Recall Goaltender Maxime Daigneault from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Board of Governors upholds suspension of Norfolk's Steve Downie - AHL
- Marlies Acquire Jay Rosehill From Norfolk - Toronto Marlies
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Aeros announce Calder Cup playoffs ticket packages - Houston Aeros
- Houston Aeros host Quad City Flames, Jerseys Off Their Backs begins tonight - Houston Aeros
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Trade Forward Jay Rosehill to Toronto - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins On The Road For Four Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Dark Hammy To Take Over The Metrocentre - Rockford IceHogs
- Lightning Recall D Richard Petiot From Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Brent Recalled To Chicago, Mosienko Signed By Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Announce Details of AmeriCU Credit Union 'Night at the Crunch' - Syracuse Crunch
- Sergio Momesso Named Interim Assistant Coach Of Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Oilers Apologize to Falcons Fans - Springfield Falcons
- Panthers Recall Defenseman Keaton Ellerby - Rochester Americans
- Time Warner Cable Al the Ice Gorilla Bobble Head Night set for March 14 - Syracuse Crunch
- 14th Annual Genesis Jersey Auction at i wireless Center on Saturday - Abbotsford Heat
- Flames Win Three Straight To Close Week - Abbotsford Heat
- Flames Reassign Brett Sutter To Quad City - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolf Pack Release Forward Matthew Ford from PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Rats Host Food Drive This Weekend - Albany River Rats
- Hall Of Fame Reception Set For Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Hockey Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Sign Defenseman Matt Taormina - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch, Mahar to Sell 100 'Mystery Autographed' Pucks - Syracuse Crunch
- Flames Reassign Forward David Van Der Gulik To Quad - Abbotsford Heat
- Marlies Continue Three Game Road Swing; Return Home On Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Caputi, D'Aversa Return To Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.