Pope, Hurley activatedMarch 6, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Bakersfield Condors
Pope, 24, is 3rd on the club and 7th in the league with 60 points on the season. His point total is a new Condors rookie record, while his 29 goals still lead the team and rank t-6th in the ECHL. He has missed the last five games to injury, but had a six-game point streak at the time he was placed on injured reserve.
Hurley, 25, has missed the last three games. In 40 games, the rookie blueliner has 1g-7a-8pts and 28 penalty minutes.
G Yutaka Fukufuji was also placed on the 7-IR on Thursday, the same day he was named runner-up for the RBC Financial Group ECHL Saver of the Month. He was pulled from the first period of Wednesday night's game after a collision with a Utah player and did not return to the game. Fukufuji is currently riding a six-game winning streak and has just one loss in his last nine appearances. Bakersfield native, G Manny Martinez, was added today as Emergency Back-Up and will join the team for their game tonight in Stockton.
Carisio, 25, appeared in 10 games with the Condors, recording 31 penalty minutes.
Notes from the Nest:
The Condors start a two-game road trip tonight in Stockton (7:30 p.m.) and continue Saturday night in Ontario (7 p.m.). Saturday's game is the Condors Season Ticket Holder complimentary game in Ontario, simply cash in the voucher found in your season ticket book at the Citizens Business Bank Arena box office. Please note that Saturday's game in Ontario is approaching capacity, and the voucher redemption is based on availability.
After the trip, the Condors return to the Mercy and Memorial Hospitals Home Ice at Rabobank Arena for a pair of games against the Utah Grizzlies on Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14. On Friday the 13th is the #10 Matt Pope Youth Jersey Giveaway, sponsored by KGET-TV 17, La Preciosa 105.3 and McDonald's. The first 2,000 kids, 12-and-under, will receive a replica youth jersey of the Condors rookie sniper!
Then on Saturday the 14th, the Condors and Grizzlies face off again for the 'What Could Have Been' Jersey Off Our Backs Raffle and Auction, sponsored by KUZZ 107.9 and Bud Light. Come take a look at what could have been, as the Condors will sport Bakersfield Brontos Specialty Jerseys in honor of the team name that was a finalist 11 years ago! The game-worn sweaters will be auctioned off after the game, plus everyone in attendance has the chance to win one of five to be given away! All proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit the Petroleum Shrine Club.
Individual game tickets may be purchased through the Rabobank Arena Box Office, which is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday with extended hours on game days. Tickets may also be purchased by phone at 322-2525, online at Bakersfieldcondors.com, or at any Ticketmaster location. Season tickets, mini-plans and group outings are available at the Condors office located at 1001 Truxtun Avenue or by calling 324-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2009
- Condors rip Thunder for fourth straight win, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Trounce Reign, 5-1 - Ontario Reign
- Royals Defeat Cyclones, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Chiefs Falter Against Nailers - Johnstown Chiefs
- Fournier and Yetman Net Two, Jackals Fall 6-3 - Elmira Jackals
- Blades win streak hits four after 3-1 win over Sea Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Dominate Chiefs 6-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Steelheads Beat Victoria - Idaho Steelheads
- Salmon Kings Lose Heartbreaker - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Grizzlies Pound Ontario 5-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Gladiators Beat Checkers 5-1 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Bombers Drop Elmira 6-3 - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays Lose Close One to Devils 2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Checkers dismantled by Gladiators, lose 5-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Reading Takes 5-2 Win Over First Place Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Munce stops 45 shots but Sea Wolves bitten by Blades 3-1 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Coleman Shines for Devils in 2-1 Win at South Carolina - Trenton Devils
- Charlotte activates Marty Guerin for first time this season - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Flichel Back In The Lineup Tonight; Steelheads Sign Rookie To Contract - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Utah Grizzlies - Ontario Reign
- Caputi Makes Home Debut Tonight - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Jackson Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Peoria - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Pope, Hurley activated - Bakersfield Condors
- Blades get goalie Gajewski assigned from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Adam Miller Returns from AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Sign Forward Geverd - Dayton Bombers
- Rechlicz Increases ECHL Players In NHL To 398 - ECHL
- T-Devils Forward Brad Snetsinger Named Rookie of the Month for February - Trenton Devils
- Trenton's Snetsinger Named CCM ECHL Rookie Of The Month - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays Host Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Ewing, Morrison Returned To Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.