T-Devils Forward Brad Snetsinger Named Rookie of the Month for FebruaryMarch 6, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Trenton Devils
Snetsinger becomes the second player in Trenton's history to be selected as Rookie of the Month. The last player to receive the honor was goaltender Scott Stirling, for his performance in December 2000.
The 21-year-old, who is under contract to the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League, led Trenton in February with 11 assists and 19 points.
The Ajax, Ontario native had six multiple-point games during the month, including a career-high five points and his first hat trick in a 9-7 win against South Carolina on Feb. 21.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound forward is third on the team with 17 goals and is tied for second with four game-winning goals. He is also fourth on the Devils with 37 points, which ranks 19th among league rookies. Snetsinger started the season with the Lowell Devils in the American Hockey League, where he registered one goal and six penalty minutes in eight games.
Before turning pro, Snetsinger played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League, where he had 211 points (105g-106a) and 192 penalty minutes in 253 regular season games for Mississauga and Windsor.
The Devils return to the ice tonight to take on the South Carolina Stingrays, with the puck drop set for 7:05 p.m. Fans can listen to the free online broadcast by logging onto the Devils' official website, www.trentondevils.com.
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2009
- Condors rip Thunder for fourth straight win, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Trounce Reign, 5-1 - Ontario Reign
- Royals Defeat Cyclones, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Chiefs Falter Against Nailers - Johnstown Chiefs
- Fournier and Yetman Net Two, Jackals Fall 6-3 - Elmira Jackals
- Blades win streak hits four after 3-1 win over Sea Wolves - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Dominate Chiefs 6-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Steelheads Beat Victoria - Idaho Steelheads
- Salmon Kings Lose Heartbreaker - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Grizzlies Pound Ontario 5-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Gladiators Beat Checkers 5-1 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Bombers Drop Elmira 6-3 - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays Lose Close One to Devils 2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Checkers dismantled by Gladiators, lose 5-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Reading Takes 5-2 Win Over First Place Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Munce stops 45 shots but Sea Wolves bitten by Blades 3-1 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Coleman Shines for Devils in 2-1 Win at South Carolina - Trenton Devils
- Charlotte activates Marty Guerin for first time this season - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Flichel Back In The Lineup Tonight; Steelheads Sign Rookie To Contract - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Utah Grizzlies - Ontario Reign
- Caputi Makes Home Debut Tonight - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Jackson Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Peoria - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Pope, Hurley activated - Bakersfield Condors
- Blades get goalie Gajewski assigned from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Adam Miller Returns from AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Sign Forward Geverd - Dayton Bombers
- Rechlicz Increases ECHL Players In NHL To 398 - ECHL
- T-Devils Forward Brad Snetsinger Named Rookie of the Month for February - Trenton Devils
- Trenton's Snetsinger Named CCM ECHL Rookie Of The Month - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays Host Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Ewing, Morrison Returned To Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.