Radja recalled to IceHogsNovember 4, 2008 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
The 6-0, 180 pound lefty skated at the University of New Hampshire for four years netting over 50 goals and tallying for more than 115 points in his collegiate career. Radja, a Yorkville, Illinois native, was named a First Team NCAA All-American in 2007-08 and was awarded the Ted Karmeris Fan Favorite Award at UNH. Radja scored a career high 43 points in his senior season.
Radja signed a standard play contract with the IceHogs Aug. 19, 2008.
The 23-year-old is playing in his first full season at the professional level. After completing his collegiate career, Radja made his AHL debut on April 4, 2008 with the Syracuse Crunch, recording an assist. Radja added two more helpers in his only other professional game in the 2007-08 season.
After spending 2008 training camp in Rockford, Radja was assigned to Fresno to start the season. In six games with the Falcons, he leads the team with five goals and seven points.
Radja is expected to be available for Rockford's game Wednesday against the Peoria Rivermen at the Carver Arena in Peoria.
Next Home Game: Wednesday, Nov. 12 vs. Milwaukee Admirals: Game time is 7:05 p.m. The Admirals come into Rockford for the first time this season. All fans that come to the game will be eligible to win Blackhawks tickets brought to you by 104.9 FM WXRX. There will be a total of eight pairs of tickets given away, five of those being luxury suite tickets at the United Center for an upcoming game.
American Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2008
- Houston Aeros Partner With Woodlands Custom Vision for 08-09 Season - Houston Aeros
- Former Crunch Member Derick Brassard Named NHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Assigns Dan LaCosta, Recalls Steve Mason - Syracuse Crunch
- Houston Aeros Fifth Annual Military Appreciation Night to be held November 22 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Seek 500th Win Wednesday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Radja recalled to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs announce game time changes - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Release Rheault - Manchester Monarchs
- Sobotka Retuns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- BoDeans Added to Admirals Concert List - Milwaukee Admirals
- Carolina Assigns Forward Dan LaCouture To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Moose assign trio to ECHL - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Sign Winger Pierre-Luc Faubert - Binghamton Senators
- Sigalet Shines on the Back End - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks recall Ouellet and re-assign Krog to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Announce Details of New York State Lottery Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Trade Rampage Defenseman Drew Fata - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks Begin Quest For Unum Cup On Dollar Dog Wednesdays - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.