Barron Bounces RattlersJuly 30, 2008 - Midwest League (MWL) Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
Wisconsin (11-28 second half, 42-63 overall) jumped to the early lead in the second inning with a two out rally. Juan Diaz singled and Blake Ochoa drew a walk to extend the inning. Then, Maximo Mendez tripled to right field and both runners scored.
But, Lansing (21-18, 60-49) came back in the top of the third inning. A two-run single by Barron tied the game. Those were the only runs off Rattler starter Brett Lorin. The 2008 5th round pick of the Seattle Mariners struck out seven over four innings.
The Lugnuts broke the tie with a two-out single in the Yohermyn Chavez in the top of the sixth. David Cooper started the inning with a single off Rattler reliever Natividad Dilone. Cooper was at second with two outs when Chavez blooped in a single to right. Cooper scored easily for a 3-2 lead.
Barron gave the Lugnuts a 4-2 advantage in the seventh inning. Justin Jackson doubled to center and took third on a wild pitch by reliever Jose Escalona. Barron slapped a single through the drawn-in infield for his third RBI of the game and Lansing went up by two runs.
The Lugnut bullpen held on for Cheng. Joe Wice pitched two perfect frames and turned the game over to Tim Collins. Collins allowed a hit in a scoreless eighth and worked a perfect ninth for his ninth save of the season.
The final game of the three game series is Thursday. Keith Meyer (0-4, 5.59) will make his first start of the season for the Rattlers. Trystan Magnuson (0-8, 5.91) is set to take the hill for Lansing. Game time is 7:05pm.
Midwest League Stories from July 30, 2008
- Dragons Collect 21 Hits, 14 Runs in Big Win - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Win Completion of Suspended Game 9-8 - Peoria Chiefs
- Your Hero? Yersich in the 10th - Great Lakes Loons
- Bandits And Whitecaps Split Doubleheader - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wallace whammies Whitecaps in game two - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wizards snap Kernels streak at four with 4-1 win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Yersich Leads Snappers Past Loons - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Allow 14 Runs in Loss to Dayton - Burlington Bees
- Cougars Rebound, Thump Chiefs - Kane County Cougars
- White leads way in Whitecaps debut - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Get Your Grady Sizemore Bobblehead on August 15 - Clinton LumberKings
- Loons' Roster Gets Younger - Great Lakes Loons
- Lugnuts losing streak stopped at five - Lansing Lugnuts
- Barron Bounces Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Wrigley Run The Bases Cancelled? Come To Geneva - Kane County Cougars
- Teddy Bear Toss This Friday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.