Angels Recall Bulger, Option Rodriguez to Salt LakeJuly 23, 2008 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Salt Lake Bees
Bulger, 29, has appeared in 25 games for the Bees this season, owning a 2-0 record and a team-low 0.62 ERA with 10 saves. He began the 2008 season with the Angels, registering a 7.94 ERA in five games. The Lawrenceville, Ga. native and 2008 PCL All-Star joined the Angels in a trade from the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2006.
Rodriguez, 23, has appeared in 22 games for the Angels this season, hitting .185 with one double, one home run and three RBI. He has appeared in 50 games for the Bees in 2008, hitting .296 with 16 doubles, 15 home runs and 40 RBI. He made his major league debut on April 19, hitting .250 at the plate against the Seattle Mariners. The Miami, Fla. native was originally selected by the Angels in the third round of the 2003 draft.
The 60-43 Salt Lake Bees continue an eight-game home stand tonight against the Oklahoma Redhawks at 7:05 p.m. at Franklin Covey Field. Enjoy baseball and fireworks at Franklin Covey Field on July 24, 25 and 26 by calling (801) 325-BEES or by visiting the Bees box office.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 23, 2008
- Sidewinders see offense come to life in win - Tucson Sidewinders
- Beavers edged by 'Birds - Portland Beavers
- Birds blank Beavers - Memphis Redbirds
- New Orleans Holds On With 5-3 Win - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Fireworks Added to Faith & Family Night - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Z's beat the Springs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Angels Recall Bulger, Option Rodriguez to Salt Lake - Salt Lake Bees
- Late Nelson Homer Gives Sounds 3-2 Win - Nashville Sounds
- Oklahoma RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- July 23 Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.