Loewen to Begin Rehab Stint with KeysJune 9, 2008 - Carolina League (CarL) Frederick Keys
Loewen made 30 appearances, 29 of which starts, in his two years with the Keys. He went 10-10 with a 4.26 ERA and was a part of the Keys run to the 2005 Carolina League Championship. It was Frederick's first title since 1990 and second in franchise history.
In 2002, Loewen became the highest Canadian born draftee in baseball history when the Orioles selected him with the fourth overall pick. He signed in time to pitch professionally in 2003 and made his big league debut on May 23, 2006. After a solid rookie season, Loewen was beset with injury in 2007. In early May he was shut down with a stress fracture in his elbow. Loewen has struggled since to pitch with an inserted screw that was put in during surgery. He is 0-1 with a 7.85 ERA in four starts with Baltimore in 2008, and has not appeared since April 24th in Seattle.
Partial and season ticket plans are still available for the duration of the 2008 season. For information pertaining to these plans or other group events at Harry Grove Stadium contact the Keys Group Department at 301-815-9900.
Carolina League Stories from June 9, 2008
- Blue Rocks roll past Keys - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- P-Nats clinch division title - Potomac Nationals
- Pelicans stumble early and drop series opener - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Keys drop third straight - Frederick Keys
- Indians earn 11th comeback victory of season - Kinston Indians
- Avs fall late to Tribe - Salem Red Sox
- Warthogs dropped by P-Nats - Winston-Salem Dash
- Loewen to Begin Rehab Stint with Keys - Frederick Keys
- Potomac Nationals Game Notes - Potomac Nationals
- Jim Deters is the Carolina League Pitcher of the Week - Kinston Indians
- Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Five Finalists in Consideration for Team Name - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Winston-Salem Warthogs Game Notes - Winston-Salem Dash
- Ronnie Belliard to Potomac - Potomac Nationals
- Award Winning Country Artists Coming To Frederick - Frederick Keys
- Baez Carolina League Player of the Week - Potomac Nationals
- The Homestand Continues Tonight - Salem Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.