RiverDogs Activate Bradley Suttle From DLJune 1, 2008 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Charleston RiverDogs Press Release
Charleston, which has had a total of 10 players go on the disabled list this season, is now as close to full strength as they have been since mid-April. Only two opening night starters (Betances, Rufino) still remain inactive for the RiverDogs.
Suttle, who was on his second DL stint in 2008, is in the starting lineup playing third base and hitting third for the RiverDogs, who look to complete their second four-game sweep of the Hickory Crawdads at this season at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
The former University of Texas standout has missed 41 combined games this season, and last appeared for Charleston on April 27 vs. Columbus, when was removed in the third inning with a lower-body injury. Suttle is hitting .320 in 13 games played this season with one home run, three RBI and nine runs scored.
Hollingsworth, who was added to the roster this past Tuesday, appeared in two games for Charleston, hitting for a .500 average (1-for-2). A 14th round selection in the 2006 Draft, Hollingsworth played four games for Charleston in 2007, posting a .125 average (1-for-8) with two RBI.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 1, 2008
- RiverDogs Feast On Crawdads, 9-6 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Hoppers Extend Home Run, Losing Streak - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Power Sweep Grasshoppers - West Virginia Power
- Get Out the Brooms! Drive Complete Sweep of Catfish - Greenville Drive
- Gnats Lose See-Saw Battle, 7-6 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Tourists Sweep Braves - Rome Braves
- Augusta Rallies Twice for Win over Savannah - Augusta GreenJackets
- RiverDogs Activate Bradley Suttle From DL - Charleston RiverDogs
- Greensboro Game Notes - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Batboy Jobs Available - Columbus Catfish
- Tourists Win Close One - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.