Reimold, Montanez Power Bergeson To VictoryMay 11, 2008 - Eastern League (EL) - Bowie Baysox
Bergesen was effective through six innings, despite allowing the leadoff batter to reach four times. He allowed one unearned run on a throwing error by Kennard Jones in the fourth inning. The Sea Dogs were able to get runners on base against Bergesen, with four hits and four walks, but they weren't able to manufacture any runs. Kam Mickolio came in to pitch with runners on first and second with nobody out in the seventh inning and got Mickey Hall to ground into a double play.
After pitching a scoreless seventh inning, Mickolio ran into trouble in the eighth. Jeff Corsaletti led the inning off with a walk and went to second on an Iggy Suarez single to left. Zachary Daeges walked to load the bases, and Julio Manon came in to relieve Mickolio. Manon got John Otness to pop out to shortstop and struck out the next two batters to get out of the inning. He retired the Sea Dogs in order in the ninth to record his eleventh save.
Nolan Reimold scored the first run for the Baysox when he hit a solo homerun to left in the second inning. Lou Montanez drove in the second run in the third inning, hitting a single to right to drive in Blake Davis. Montanez also drove in the final run of the game with a solo homerun to center field to lead off the sixth inning.
With the win, the Baysox are 20-17, and remain 3.5 games behind Harrisburg in the Southern Division. Bowie will return home to open a seven game home stand on Tuesday. They will open a three game series against Erie at 7:05 p.m.
The Bowie Baysox are in their 16th season as the AA affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles. Baysox Individual Game Tickets, Season Ticket plans, group outings, picnics and birthday parties are currently available for booking by calling the Baysox front office at (301) 464-4880.
Eastern League Stories from May 11, 2008
- Reimold, Montanez Power Bergeson To Victory - Bowie Baysox
- SeaWolves Drop Seventh Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Hatch Hits 2-Run Homer; Fisher Cats Lose 7-4 To New Britain - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Senators Hang On For Rainy 7-6 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Curve Drubbed By R-Phils, 10-3, Sunday Afternoon - Altoona Curve
- Baysox Take The Rubber Game, Beat Portland 3-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sanchez, Murphy Lead B-Mets To Series Split - Binghamton Mets
- Two Hits Doesn't Cut It Against B-Mets - Connecticut Defenders
- Aeros And Thunder Rained Out Sunday - Akron RubberDucks
- All-Star 1B Dmitri Young To Rehab With Sens - Harrisburg Senators
- Trenton And Akron Postponed On Sunday Afternoon - Trenton Thunder
- Vaquedano Promoted To Triple-A - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.