Buschini tumbles back to rosterApril 19, 2008 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
The roster move comes prior to the Wizards second game of a three-game set against the Quad Cities River Bandits (St. Louis Cardinals affiliate) at 4:00 p.m. today.
Buschini, who has appeared in only one game, is hitting .333 with one run scored and one walk. He was selected by the San Diego Padres in the 11th round of the 2007 draft out of the University of San Diego.
To make room on the roster, left-hander Colt Hynes was sent to Peoria, Arizona and the Padres' extended spring training camp.
Hynes is 0-1 with a 13.50 earned run average in four relief appearances this season. In 4.2 innings, the Texas Tech product has allowed nine hits and seven runs while striking out two.
The homestand for the Wizards continues on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. with second post-game autograph session, presented by Fifth Third Bank. The Wizards will then host the Clinton Lumber Kings (Texas Rangers affiliate) in the first of a three-game series at 6:00 p.m. on Monday for the first Dollar Night ($1.00 hot dogs, soft drinks and beer) of the season.
The series with the Lumber Kings continues at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday and wraps up at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday with the first IDEARC Media and Wizards Reading Club day.
Midwest League Stories from April 19, 2008
- Loons Battle Back But Fall Short - Great Lakes Loons
- Bullpen fails to hold lead, Wizards lose, 10-9 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Lose in Extra Innings - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels hold on for 2-1 win over South Bend - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Lose in 12 Innings; Three-Game Series with West Michigan Even - Burlington Bees
- Wild pitch wins extra inning game for Whitecaps - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Late Runs Help Timber Rattlers Prevail - Beloit Snappers
- Late Liddi Longball Lifts Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts maul Cougars, 10-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars Drop Finale in Lansing - Kane County Cougars
- Buschini tumbles back to roster - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.